Progress Thread

MickM

Reaction score
Well after asking a fair few (Possibly Newbish) questions i thought I'd start a project thread.

The Car: 99 Audi A3 1.8T AGU 95K Miles

So that's what i had to start with, i joined here to ask a question on a slight problem i had and then caught the (expensive) modding bug again!

Last Friday browsing eBay i managed to pick up a K03S with Gaskets for £130 Bargain! Auction finished at 21:00 hour and a half later i was at the guys door at 22:30 picking it up!

So Saturday morning with some help we started fitting the K03S and by 22:00 i turned it over for the first time, there's a slight coolant leak which i will fix next Saturday but having never done anything like this before im happy with that achievement!

Also that day my Forge TIP, 007P DV and Pipercross panel filter all arrived and got installed at the same time. Even if the TIP was a complete Bi*** to get on and requied a few MM's cut to get it in place!

Have now ordered a Universal Front Mount, a universal fitting kit and some Alloy Pipe and a few 90" and 45" Silicone Bends - The plan is to get this as stealth looking as possible. This will be getting fitted next weekend!

The weekend after the plan is to get it Mapped currently deciding who to get it mapped by as the pennys are fairly tight, currently thinking R-Tech but they are some distance from me (Down in Surrey)

Anyway sorry for the Rambling I'll get some pic's up at the weekend when the FMIC install is done, thanks for putting up with all the questions previously chaps!

Sounds good mate... I have similar mods on my AGU/KO3s combo.
I'm from hampshire and made the journey up to R-Tech last week for a custom remap...all i can say is its well worth the trip there! you will be soo happy with the results... take a look back at my thread about my trip there, that will show you everyting you need to know.
Get some pics up!

Nice mate, good to see another a3! i need a stage 2 map with similiar mods as your self would be good to see if we could get a group discount. looking forward to seeing the photo's.

Could try and organise a group discount but i want to get it done before I'm off to Le Mans so doesnt give us long to get it sorted out.

Plunky, them gains look pretty good that is pretty much what i was expecting/hoping for so fingers crossed!

Small update, Postman arrived this morning with:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just need to wait for the piping :D

Well, update:

Still haven't got round to pic's will do shortly.

Now have K03S/TIP/Air Filter/FMIC Fitted after waiting an age for the parts to arrive! Got it mapped yesterday made 232BHP which i was happy with, the guy told me to get a 3.0bar Fuel Pressure Regulator and i should see around 240+

On standard mapping it made 177HP with the above mods which i was impressed with but OMG what difference it is with 230+ It just pulls and pulls through all the gears (Up to Legal speed obviously!!) I'll go and grab my pics now as i have done my FMIC different to everyone else and may have found a cheaper way of doing it which people may appreciate!

dosnt you car already have a 3 bar fpr? I very much doubt it will make 240bhp+ on a standard KO3s, I was under the impression that the KO3s ran out of puff after the 230 mark? correct me if im wrong though.
Where did you get the mapping done mate?

Currently got a 2.0 Bar FPR so going to head to the scrappies tomorrow and nab a 3.0 bar.

TBH I don't know what the max is for the K03S I have the RR Print out so I'll get that loaded at some point. TBH not really chasing numbers but it certainly feels around the 230 mark!

I am almost 100% sure your car has a 3.0bar fpr as standard, never heard of a 2.0bar one?

Get the RR printout up, would be interesting to see it! :D

Oh, some pics:

Dyno run One:

Dyno Run Two:

The FMIC, picture here:

what i done was use the standard 90 Bend from the Turbo and the 90 Bend with the take off for DV etc Worked nicely instead of using the eBay kit i bought a universal intercooler and a few Silicone hoses so it worked out cheaper. The front doesn't stick out as much as the universal kit. I'll get some pics of that soon!

With regards to the FPR after a bit more inspection actually looks like it had 3.0 Bar stamped on it as you say just worn off and looks like 2.0 Bar!!

Also, i done a run with one of them G Tech meters this evening and it gave the following:

0.60: 5.83
1/4: 14.20

It also calculates the BHP at the wheels/On the road it says and that came out at just over 200BHP but haven't the foggiest how accurate they are? Could have got a better 0.60 time but wheels started spinning after 4K in 1st so list a bit of time.