1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile status bar? WTF?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gambba, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

What's it all about, it means nought to me, and why's me only half way along it?
  2. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

It is to do with how much info you have put in on your profile page, the more info, news, mods etc. you put in the more the bar goes up, go to your details page and add things such as hobbies etc.

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

WHY!?
  4. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

I don't want it! It's just annoying me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif See I don't know if to laugh or cry....
  5. Online

It has several uses,
    firstly no one likes the ratings syatem we used to have,
    the other reasons are hopefully it'll encourage people to complete there profile completely,
    also there are users that have registered but have filled in none of there profile,
    these users may want to fill in there profile so we can relate better to any comments they make,
    it's nice to know a little about people before taking their opinions onboard!
  6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

I don't know you, so I'm not going to take your opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Ok, but does it go up on star ratings as well then? Just because someone fills in their profile doesn't make them clever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif See look at me!
  7. Online

Maybe you do know me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Anyway the staff seem to like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You could always play in the arcade?
    Or is that **** as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  8. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Stop grumbling Gambba! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its a great idea. Although, there's only about 2 things not filled in on mine and it shows 60%? Work that one out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

AL
  9. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

Amazing how differences vary - some people think it's a good idea, some people don't.

Personally, I don't - why would declaring my hobbies like needlework and origami make me more believable when I talk about computers or turbochargers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alex.
  10. CARACTERE007

CARACTERE007 Member

its obvious...is the site being bought out by one of those dating online sites?.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  11. gtdog

gtdog Member

Blue is the colour, follow the blue!
    All commie reds should bebrainwashed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I like them. cos they are pretty, and I can delete my info occasionaly and watch the bar respond!!

OOOOOOhhhhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  12. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    rockstar said:
    grrrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gifSorry!
  13. gtdog

gtdog Member

[ QUOTE ]
    rockstar said:
    grrrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
    Blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
  14. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

could have a differnst colour for each level? (ducks and runs!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  15. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

It doesn't matter what anyone says today...everything is ****!

But how does filling in your hobbies make you a more believeable person?
  16. rockstar

rockstar Member

i wouldnt say it has anything to dowith making you more believable,all your doing is filling in your profile...letting people know just a little bit more about you....but not too! much,

then again do people really wanna know i cross dress,have a fetish for stilletos...like being tied...mmmm maybe i should stop there there..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif would wanna give anyone the wrong impression....

as i was saying having a profile is a good think especially if its filled in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
  17. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

[ QUOTE ]
    rockstar said:
    then again do people really wanna know i cross dress,have a fetish for stilletos...like being tied...mmmm maybe i should stop there there..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif would wanna give anyone the wrong impression....

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  18. rockstar

rockstar Member

thanks for highlighting that moresauce! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif am sure "everybody" will know all my secrets now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif