Production numbers

CALLAAA

Reaction score
I also have one question to which I can't find the answer on this site, or by a search on the internet.
Once I realized that I might buy an Audi, I started looking for and looking at Audis on the freeway. I didn't really see TOO many, with the majority of them being A4s, with a few A6s sprinkled in the mix. And then I realized that I had never seen an S-line before, and I still haven't. So I looked around, for some production numbers, of all types of Audis, but I can't find anything. Can someone point me towards a site that will tell me how many 2.7T S-lines were made? I'd really appreciate it?
Before I looked it up,I asked my dealer how many there were, and he told me that the S-line was only found on the 2.7T, and that they were pretty rare. OK, I'll believe the rareity thing on the 2.7T, but then I saw a few? other cars with the S-line package. Good work, Mr. Dealer.

So that's all for now.
Thanks everybody.

The S-line is a "new" concept line for the 2004/2005 cars. Before that there were the S3 (Euro only), S4, S6, and S8 cars. They were specific models with specific engines and high performance tuning that was not available as an option for any other car. They were "exclusive" or limited in production compared to the standard Audi line, but quite a few were made.

Now, there are S-line optional packages for the latest models. There are Sports and there are Ultra Sports. They are essentially prepackaged groupings of options that make the standard car sporty or more sporty.

BTW: There are no longer 2.7tt models being made. They were the engines made for the 1999.5-2001.5 S4, the A6 Allroad, and the A6 Avant.