1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with window

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by garratt83, Feb 15, 2007.

1. garratt83

garratt83 Member

[Feb 15, 2007]
    Hi

I've got a problem with my front window. It seems who ever had it before me didn't look after it as well as I am and the window has lots of small scratches or chips in it. When I say small I mean small.

Seems like it has been sand blasted and left it a bugger to see through when the sun shines on it.

Any ideas on what can do, is there anything out there that might help

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Feb 15, 2007]
    i know you can clay glass to get all contaminents off but not sure if you can polish it but don't see why not.
    as far as chips go you could find one of those chip repair guys that hang about on retail parks and sometimes at halfords who offer free of charge repairs to windscreens
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Feb 19, 2007]
    You can get decent glass polishes that work wonders on this type of defect, but they need to be machine applied. You might find a local glazing company could offer advice on this, the usual polishes for glass are all based on a mix of jewellers rouge and other proprietry glass cleaning agents. However, it's also possible that a new or second hand window would be just as cheap once the cost of professional labour is factored in.