Problems with self leveling HID's

QuottroA4

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Recently I have been experiencing problems with the self leveling control on my front lights.

After driving for about 20 mins the self leveling warning light comes on and a few seconds later the lights point down only giving me about 10ft of light :think:

When I start the car and put the lights on the leveling cycles ok, its just when I have been driving for a bit when they fail. The warning light also comes on when I dont have the lights on..

Can anyone suggest what is causing this? As with the bad weather upon us again I am eager to get it fixed/

Thank you in advance.

Does this sign show up?

th_A6accelerationedited.jpg

Ah ok, its not my pannel, That was the sign i was getting when one of my leveling sensors failed on me, there is one on the front and one at the rear of the car, one of them has failed for sure, the front ones are the most common ones to go as they get all the crap 1st, you may just have a bad connction or water in there, take off the front passenger wheel, you will see it connecting to the lower wish bone, follow it back to the plug and have a look, fairly simply inspection job,

id check these first on the front and rear sensor plugs unplug them (with ingition off). check for corrosion. squirt some contact cleaner in them and blow them out wth an airline. plugthem in and unplug them several times and try it. have you had the system read for fault codes?

Also check if any of the 2 axle sensor arms have snapped, these can get broken, should be 1 on front & rear axle.

NHN

You was right, nothing wrong with the sensor just the bolt snapped. Tapped out a new one, garnished it with loctite and job done. Needed the fault code deleting and sensor 'resetting' via vagcom...20min job for my indy :)