Problems with new company TFSI

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Evening all. The missus picked up here new A3 TFSI today. Lovely car and it was loaded with quite alot of extras....RNSE 2, auto lights, better wheels, interior trim, ambient lighting and auto-dimming rear view mirror. The only thing shes not happy with and did ask for was bluetooth. Now you would think that having RNSE fitted the bluetooth would be enabled......NOPE. I plugged in VCDS to see if it hadn't been enabled and I cant find anything......no module no nothing. Now does this mean its not been fitted as this is one of the main extras she needs. No point in having the RNSE and 3 spoke MFSW if bluetooth hasn't been fitted. The splash screen on the PHONE option on the RNSE also states Telephone not installed. Is there any way around this as I thought the bluetooth module was fitted as standard to all sport models.

I know the Black Editions came with Bluetooth as standard. Unless you specc'd it or rather the company you won't get it.

I'm sure you know the RNSe does a lot more than show the Bluetooth, but I agree it's a big help.

The MFSWs are all standard in terms of buttons regardless of what's installed.

Id get back in touch with the lease company and see if it was specc'd, if it was then send the car back to be sorted. If not, you can always get the BT retrofitted but will cost more than aftermarket options.

I know the Black Editions came with Bluetooth as standard. Unless you specc'd it or rather the company you won't get it.

I'm sure you know the RNSe does a lot more than show the Bluetooth, but I agree it's a big help.

The MFSWs are all standard in terms of buttons regardless of what's installed.

Id get back in touch with the lease company and see if it was specc'd, if it was then send the car back to be sorted. If not, you can always get the BT retrofitted but will cost more than aftermarket options.
nope they didnt, well mine hasnt got it :-(

Fiscon unit is about 250 quid and works from mfsw.

no bluetooth is not standard, needs to be ticked at order. you would need to retro fit it mate. Can get an OEM bluetooth module for £150 and then just get it fitted

Depends what year your Black Edition is. Mine is a 61 and it came as standard along with Bose, FBMFSW etc.

Im assuming the OP has a new A3 based on the fact his partner picked it up today.

The OP's car is a Sport so Bluetooth would of never of been standard.

I think the Bluetooth on Black Eds became standard when they went to rotors which would of been MY2011 cars (Mid 2010 build)...

The OP's car is a Sport so Bluetooth would of never of been standard.

I think the Bluetooth on Black Eds became standard when they went to rotors which would of been MY2011 cars (Mid 2010 build)...

Agree. I just merely used the BE as a car that has it as standard.

To get BT on anything else his partner or her company would have had to of ticked for it.