Problems with key fob

Rhys Giles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having an issue with my TT key fob, it doesn't seem to be one of the usual issues I can see on here but forgive me if it has been solved elsewhere!

Recently, the unlock button on my fob stopped working and at the same time, the mechanical key would not unlock the driver door (but still makes an unlocking noise). I've worked out that if I open the boot using the fob (both boot and lock keys still working on the fob) and then unlock using mechanical key on driver's side, then the passenger door would unlock and I could unlock driver's door from inside. I haven't replaced the battery in the fob, this was just something that happened one day last week. I can still get into my car but it's annoying!

Has anybody else heard of or had this issue? How was it resolved? I'm hoping it just needs the central locking or fob to be reset but with the mechanical key not opening the driver's side I'm assuming it's more complicated than that.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rhys

For what it costs, I'd be tempted to put a new battery in your fob anyway, then reset the central locking. To reset, put the key in the lock and turn the key, then press the lock or unlock button on your fob (sometimes needs doing more than once). If this doesn't work, I haven't a clue I'm afraid, but at least that's one thing tried!!