1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with electric windows

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Blue_Thunder, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Mar 30, 2008]
    I'm a bit puzzled with my electric windows.

When I first bought the car, the previous owner told me that the front passenger window switch didn't work, so you had to close it using the switch on the drivers door. Not a problem. A few months later, for some reason the switch just started working again. Magic!

Today when driving back from a heavy night out, my girlfriend had the window down (there's no way I was going to let her hurl on the Recaros!). When we got onto the motorway, I tried to close her window but found that I couldn't do it from the switch on the drivers door. Odd thing is, she could still control it. An hour or so later and I still couldn't control it, however when I finally got home, I was able to close it.

Loose connection maybe? Can I run any tests in Vagcom to see if the switch on the drivers door is sending a signal?

No doubt require another engine out problem on the S4... they always seem to be!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

[Mar 30, 2008]
    I'd pop the door card off and have a check on the wiring, the blocks do push on pretty tightly but may have worked itself loose. If you're like me and don't have the rear windows open that much it's easy to swap the one you do use a lot for one you don't, the switches are all the same, might save hassle for now?
  4. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Mar 30, 2008]
    That's the odd thing though, it's working fine now.

Just seems strange that originally one switch didn't work, then it did, but the other one wouldn't.

I'm confused. :unsure: