1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Bluetooth Install with RNSe

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Shaun Burford, Jun 10, 2012.

  1. Shaun Burford
    Offline

    Shaun Burford New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I have got a problem with a bluetooth install. A Bit of background. I have a RNSe, retrofitted by CraigB (very efficiently i might add, cheers Craig) and all has been working well. But i wanted to have bluetooth too and trying to save money found someone on ebay to fit it cheap. Bad move really.

    The bluetooth all works. It pairs and i can make and receive calls. The phone book shows up so i know the car and phone are talking. But once the car goes into sleep (like overnight) when i turn it on the RNSe says your phone is not connected. Its like the bluetooth module isnt waking up. The only way to get it working again is to disconnect the bluetooth module by removing the connector and reconnect it, then hard reset RNSe. But this only works until the car sleeps and then it stops again.

    The module has been swapped over and tested in another Audi and worked fine, so im sure the hardware is ok, not so confident on wiring / coding... Im beginning to think the guy didnt really understand how it all works - yet i have had it working for a bit.

    Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? Just wished i'd spent a bit more and had craig do it with the rnse. saved me aload of hassle.... I reckon im gonna have to sort this myself as ebay man is trying to wriggle out of it.... blaming the rnse install (which was plug and play with a kufatec harness so cant see that as the prob)

    Help would be very much appreciated,

    Thanks,

    Shaun
    #1
  2. Shaun Burford
    Offline

    Shaun Burford New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just as an update if anyone has this issue, it was a coding problem. My VAGCOM arrived yesterday and when checking the coding was clearly wrong. I updated it using the guide on the forum, in particular setting the diagnotic via kline not head unit and voila it works.

    Also followed another thread about coding the instruments properly and now also have callers on the DIS too. All working great.

    Cheers
    #2
  3. s8craig
    Offline

    s8craig Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    Messages:
    1,562
    Likes Received:
    29
    That's what happens when you go cheap... idiots who don't know what they are doing and try to blame others.
    #3
  4. Shaun Burford
    Offline

    Shaun Burford New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yep. Totally agree. Lesson learned really. I would have been better just doing it myself if i needed to save some cash. Ive now had a look at it and its not pretty how he has hacked into wiring and just taped it. Gonna have to remove and solder and heakshrink them all to do it properly. Got what i paid for.

    But at least its working ok now... RNSe with bluetooth is really really good. Audi did something right with how it all works together, so ive not wasted my money in the end; just a load of my time.

    Will know for next time...
    #4

Share This Page