1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with A6 3.0 Lim. TDI Quattro Tranny Downshift and idle rpm

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by mvk, Aug 30, 2010.

1. mvk

mvk New Member

I own an Audi A6 TDI 3.0 Quattro, automatic transmission.
    Recently I got a routine service done for this vehicle at 27K km. However following new problems are observed on day one after this service.
    1. Engine seems to be running at higher RPM than before. Looks like 800-820 but feels much higher. As a result even at Idle just by putting the vehicle in D, it starts moving at significant speed as soon as foot is taken off the breaks. The vehicle did not behave like this before the service.
    2. While driving in D and reducing the speed by applying the brake, the downshift of gears is significantly delayed from 3rd to 2nd i.e. downshift of vehicle from 3rd gear to 2nd gear happens only when the vehicle reaches a significantly lower speed of 15-20km/hr. Thereafter further downshift i.e. from 2nd gear to 1st gear happens only at around 5-7 km/hr. The vehicle did not behave like this before the service.
    3. As a result of higher RPM and delayed downshift, the vehicle takes a little longer to stop while applying breaks. The vehicle's forward thrust during breaking is significantly felt. The vehicle did not behave like this before the service.

The service involved.. Engine oil/filter change, Break pads and caliper check and caliper greasing, Air filter change, Cabin Air filter change, No Tranny work. Battery had a fault code and was replaced in warranty, Tyres rotated.

Took it back to Audi.. all codes and parameters are normal as per them. Car was fun before service but not anymore. Left it with service fellows.
    Any idea's, suggestions, tips, anything will help. PLEASE HELP.
    Thanks in advance.
    mvk
  2. mvk

mvk New Member

Please Help. Dealer says all parameters are normal...