problems sorted now mods???

finny

Reaction score
now then, after a fight with lack of boost and a very sluggish 260 bhp bam engined s3 i finally seem to have sorted it with the aid of a forge cam cover breather hose...i took the ol one off which was squishy, holed and totally thick with crap!

so now im seeming to enjoy the car and dont really have to spend much on it fixing wise bar a set of injector seals, my question is what is best to buy next? im thinking a cat back miltek or something? maybe a decat first aswel or both!

what are peoples views on what to do? it already has a pipercross panel filter and stage 1 map!

Dan

I have Miltek CAT back with Miltek Hi Flow Sports CAT and I cannot fault the system.
Regardless of what people say, I personally thinks it's the best system out there for S3 8L.
Lovely sound, not chavvy or loud and quiet as a mouse when cruising.
And definitely a huge improvement on performance over stock system.

Reactions: liquids3
Best mod for the money is a badger 5 3" tip, the miltek wont make half the difference that the tip will.

had a quick search and found this...although i do already have a forge tip on so would it really make much of a difference over the forge one?

Haha, its the pipe that runs from the air filter to the turbo, the standard one is very restictive. A b5 tip is by a chap called bill who runs badger 5, search b5 tip and loads comes up mate.

sorted i now know the ins n outs haha...so would this be an improvement on my forge tip? and would a decat n downpipe be a wise move?

The Badger5 TIP has made up to 18hp over a std TIP on a mapped car...

<tuffty/>

sorted i now know the ins n outs haha...so would this be an improvement on my forge tip? and would a decat n downpipe be a wise move?

Badger 5 alone makes a big difference, relentless 3" downpipe + decat will improve flow for sure.

Id say b5 tip, wellycooler then downpipe and decat, youll love it.

You could sell ur forge tip for around £50 then put the money towards a b5 tip.

I have to say I was optimistic about the gains a badger5 3" tip would give me, but it does what it says on the tin, I have before and after Rolling road printouts. Easily the most pound for horse mod after a remap mod in my opinion.