1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems fitting new headlights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3_Pricey, Feb 16, 2008.

1. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

I had a go at trying to fit my facelift headlights this evening, but when looking at the new units there doesnt appear to be anywhere to connect the moters for adjusting the height of the beam. Has anybody else had this problem? If so how did you manage to solve it?:keule:
  2. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

The motors connect in the same place as your old pre facelift headlights - if you look at the back of the drivers side headlight, on the right hand side there's a little slotted hole - the motor pushes in there then you turn it to secure it in place.

The old motors are a little too big to turn the full 90 degrees they're supposed to, but i found just pushing it as far round as it will go means they work fine........ until like mine you manage to melt one of the connectors and have to unplug them and set the level yourself. Oh well lol
  3. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

i still cant figure it out, prob just me being dense, but really doesnt appear to be anywhere for the motor to go...
    [​IMG]
    If you could attempt to point it out in this pic would be a massive help...
  4. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

Unscrew the bit that says 'r' above it - got my sides wrong lol

are these new headlights?
  5. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

yeh they are new lights, did aready try to unscrew that bit but wouldnt budge, maybe just not trying hard enough,lol. cheers for the info tho bud:icon_thumright:
  6. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

They obviously dont look like genuine ones so thats why they are looking different. Normally they would be fitted to the top left corner. The hole and position would be baltantly obvious.
  7. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

managed to get that piece out, will attempt to fit the head lights again tomorrow when it is light:)