Problems associated with age rather than mileage.

tweaked9107

Reaction score
Hi guys, are there any common faults that occur or is there any maintenance I should get done to my 2.0T FSI S-Line Quattro?

The car is a 56 plate but is very low mileage at about 28-29k (can't remember exactly). A lot of issues I've read about seem to be more to do with high mileage causing build ups/wear over time. Is there anything I should look at getting done based purely on the cars age?

So far all I'm planning is a cam belt change because I have no idea if it's ever been done before.

And FYI, I just re-mapped it to a Shark stage 1.

Hej Tweaked9107

Catch the bottom of this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/194235-new-owner.html It's all in there for ya. Make sure it's a "full belt change"" plus the water pump when your getting that done and may as well get the aux' belt done....it's about a tenner or replace the tensioner too if you are flush...that's about 35 quid.. Defo have the diverter valve checked/changed when the cam belt is being done. Also, your water temp should be straight on the 90c bang in the middle....either way then there's a good change your thermostat has gone. You have to buy the full stat plus it's housing....around 50quid if I remember. You may wish to change the cam follower as a precaution too. That's about 30 quid for the part. Come off those crazy longlife VAG services and change to 5w40 fully synth oil and filter changes every 6k Miles...but I know other Forum members think that's too short and waste of money. I have always done this with turbo cars I've owned and cheaper than a full tank of petrol! Generally, check for any oil leaks too.....could be that you may wish to renew your PCV or blank it off completely. Recommend using 98 not 95 fuel and buy VAG OEM wiper blades not Bosch or Cheapos....waste of money and screech like f@ck! Other that it's perfect! hahahahhaha

Let us know how you get on.
All the best
Allan

Last edited: