1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems-alarm keeps going off and the interior lights are flashing

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by pete_moore16, Aug 5, 2009.

1. pete_moore16

pete_moore16 New Member

[Aug 5, 2009]
    as title really its got me stumped just wondering if its at all a common problem happened bout an hour ago right after i washed the car so ive got a feeling somethings got wet but i have no idea what!

any help would be much appreciated

thank you!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Aug 5, 2009]
    fusebox?
  4. pete_moore16

pete_moore16 New Member

[Aug 5, 2009]
    nah all fuses present and correct it was the first thing i checked but ive just been snoping round to see if i could see wot it could be and as the interior light flashes theres a clicking that sounds like a relay anyone had a knackered relay cause a problem like this before?
  5. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

[Aug 5, 2009]
    Could be boot sensor mate, do a search on this pretty sure I've seen somthing on this
  6. pete_moore16

pete_moore16 New Member

[Aug 5, 2009]
    well as of now it seems to have fixed itself which makes it very difficult to track the problem and i need to sort it as the car is for sale dont want to sell a car with a problem lol
  7. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

[Aug 7, 2009]
    I had this happen on my car a while ago...
    Turned out to be the door pin switch. Mine was passenger side. The interia light flashing was a way of the car telling you that its not right,
    If you lock the car with the problem does the alarm go off? If it does and you have vag com it will tell you which sensor triggered it.
    Also... when it does it... see if the red or white light that are on the doors are flashing, If its a door sensor that door will have the flashing lights to match the interia light.

To fix this there are 2 routes... one is a new switch but this is expensive as its part of the door lock. the other is ... adjust the door striker slightly so the switch makes full contact or clean the switch with wd40 and make sure its moving freely.
  8. pete_moore16

pete_moore16 New Member

[Aug 26, 2009]
    paul that makes sense because everynow and again the screen in the instrument cluster says a door is open when its not to sort that for a short time i just have to open the drivers door then close it again so i presume it will be the drivers switch
  9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 26, 2009]
    It's the drivers door microswitch, common failiure when its warmer. The problem is the microswitch isn't available on its own so you have to buy a whole door lock mechanism @ £90 ish and then fit that to cure it
  10. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Aug 26, 2009]
    Do a search on microswitch, theres loads of info on it and quite recently 'dancarpy' did a decent write up on how to resolve this with some pics too :)