1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by robby, Jun 18, 2005.

1. robby

robby Member

For the last week or so my engine light has been on, the dealer hooked up vag-com and it showed a fault (dealer thinks it a leak but couldn't find a split hose) - i looked today and the small braided hose is split in 3 places - will this cause the engine light to come on? what is this hose for?
    it joins the manifold? to a small round thing (sorry don't know what it is)
  2. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

Hi Robby,

Braided how? Do you mean black cloth braided hose? Does it join to something that has three other hoses coming off it? What fault did VAG-COM show?

If it's what I'm guessing it is... that could be the vacuum pipe to the DV but I don't see why that would show an ECL... mine was worn away by the hot coolant pipe it ran past when I first got my car, big hole in it, but no lights on the dash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Actually, thinking about it, maybe mine didn't actually leak that badly because the pipe that wore it away was plugging the hole to some extent... if yours is split in three places then it may be leaking THAT badly that the DV isn't working at all... which I suppose could flag a fault.

All this is, of course, assuming that the pipe in question is the one I mentioned and that you have a turbo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A better description would help a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Picture maybe?

Cheers

Tim
  3. robby

robby Member

it's not the d/v hose it's the skinny one which when you look at the engine is in the middle, near the bulkhead, about 5" long, looks to be connected to the manifold with a cable tie and the other end connects to a round (silver) thingywhich is under the engine cover
    i don't know how to add pics sorry

yes it's an A4 turbo, 2000my
  4. robby

robby Member

email sent with pic Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  5. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

Rob,

As per e-mail reply...

It's your vacuum pipe to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (silver round thingy under the engine cover!).

If you take the cover off you'll see that the round thingy is attached to (part of actually) your fuel rail (long thin silver thingy that runs front back to front of engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Get it changed mate.

Best wishes

Tim