1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with registered version of 409.1s

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by vw754, Nov 13, 2008.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

i have a reistered version of vag-com 409 this was all working ok then all of a sudden it stopped working.

When i connect this is what i get:

interface status= -1 (if i unplug u.s.b from computer it said .99 instead of -1 any ideas? )

interface not ready
    possible reasons

incorrect comport selected
    interface not plugged in
    ignition not turned on
    k-line stuck
    firmware update needed

However if i unplug from the car and go on the options screen of vag-com and do a test i get ''port status ok
    ''interface not found!

cable is ok,ive tested 3 different ones which DO work !
  2. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

Give the boys a Ross-Tech a shout.
  3. benr

benr Member

Yep i would e-mail them direct.

If the cable is ok id look at the wiring to the ODB port, Have you tried unplugging the battery for a while to see if that helps as i dont know what "k-line stuck" means
  4. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

The port test does not test the cable and the connection to the car. An unplugged/powered cable will typically respond in this manner.

So are you saying that you have tested 3 different cables using the same software setup? And are you saying that these worked? If those things are true, then how did you determine that the suspect cable is good?

As VRStu said, if you are a registered user, we will give support to you but not on your aftermarket - non-Ross-Tech interface. If the problem is with the activation license, we will help with that. We will not help resolve hardware issues. Am I being clear?