1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my horn!

Worze Jan 20, 2006

1. Worze

Worze New Member

I know what your thinking but I mean the one on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It keeps going off on its own (still talking about the car), happened twice now when taking a right turn.

No, I've not leant on the steering wheel!

Has this happened to anyone else?

A trip to the dealer is on the cards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. miketweed

miketweed Member

Did you know that's an offence sir?

Sounding your horn when its not an emergency.

Try convincing a copper that 'it did it on its own officer - honest'

3. Worze

Worze New Member

I know, I'm currently working on a project that involves a very close look at the Highway Code, I must have sat about 20 mock theory tests in the last 2 weeks!

More importantly, I drive through South London on the way to work everyday and the last thing I want is people thinking I'm on a road-rage trip. I might get shot!

4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I had the same thing happen in a Cavalier Sri I once owned.
    The horn would sound of it's own accord and the wipers would pack in,because they were on the same fuse.
    It was a wire shorting against some bodywork,so I would your problem is a short as well.

You could just remove the fuse in the short (sic) term,assuming nothing else is affected obviously.

5. miketweed

miketweed Member

Bowfer - LOL

My first car was a B reg MK1 Astra GTE which used to do exactly the same thing - I never did figure out what it was though.

You'd think that 20 years and the finest German technology would have moved things on abit from an old vauxhall - obviously not.

6. Worze

Worze New Member

I thought it might be a short somewhere so we shall see.

The cars booked in next Friday to have this and the fuel filler cap release problem resolved.

The woman on the service desk had a good laugh anyway, she hadn't heard of a problem with the horn before.

7. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

miket - my first (decent) car as a Mk1 GTe too and it had the "horn" problem! managed to fix mine though!

8. imported_S_Line

imported_S_Line Guest

[ QUOTE ]

The woman on the service desk had a good laugh anyway, she hadn't heard of a problem with the horn before.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what all the Women Say on the service Desk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

9. Worze

Worze New Member

I'm going to complain.......it looks like they've sold me a Vauxhall!!