problem with electric window!!

nath-w

Reaction score
The passenger side electic window decided today that is doesnt want to do up. It tries to go up but then it struggles and goes back down. Anyway i took the door card off to have a look and found that the window is loose on one of the rails, which is causing the window to jam as one side goes up before the other side.

After finding this i still couldnt work out why the window was loose on this rail, so i unbolted the whole lot, took the glass out and found that, the green plastic slider which connects to the cable is broke at the top, which is what is causing the window to have play on this rail. So can i just buy a new one of these plastic sliders or will i have to buy a whole new regulator??

I hope you can understand what i just said, but i found it hard to explain? lol

Can you post some pics of inside your door and the part thats broke? My passenger window tilts to one side as it goes up causing it to be very slow and also no close properly at the top.

i will do, when i take it all apart again as i have just put it all back together, sounds like you have got the same problem as me, apart from im surprised your safety mechanism doesnt kick in and cause the window to go back down again, it its sticking like that.

The safety mech does kick in sometimes but not all the tiime, have you managed to source the required bits yet or are you looking at a new motor?

Good find voorhees, exactly what I need, thanks!

That guide u found is different and a lot more complicated than it was 2 do my a3 yesterday!

Just a quick question. Some items on eBay just say front window clips, but some specify whether there for the driver or passenger side. I would of thought they would be the same no matter if it was either side as long as you make sure it for a 3 door front window?