1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Driver information system (on board computer...whatever its called)

Grunty87 Oct 8, 2008

1. Grunty87

Grunty87 New Member

This morning when I parked at work the DIS showed that I had 300 od miles left in my diesel tank and the gauge was sitting pretty much on the half mark.

When I went out for lunch I started the car up and it said I had 150 miles left in the tank and the clock was at a completely random time. :wtf: The miles left in the tank usually stays the same as it was when I shut the car off or drops a little, but never that much. Also the fuel gauge hasn't moved.

The miles in the tank didn't go back up but it was only a short drive. So I guess it might when I drive home (30 miles).

Any idea what might have happened?

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Be an idea to do a scan with vag to see if any power issues as if its reset itself its a sign of power cut, I wouldnt worry to much if cars running ok & it doesnt do it again.

3. Grunty87

Grunty87 New Member

I'll get it checked at the weekend, still under warranty from the garage I bought it from, going up at the weekend to get a rear light replaced anyway.

Car seems to be running fine so as you say probably nothing to worry about.