Problem when indicating!!

Sm3g

STANDARD S3 (225bhp)
Reaction score
evening guys

hope you can shed some light on a problem thats just started happening with my motor?
basically when i move my indicator stalk to turn left or right,all thats happening is the green arrow light is staying on,on my dash its not making the clicking sound either and the bulb in the headlight is not flashing either on the outside its just staying on untill i move the stalk back to the off position:think:. any ideas what it could be would be a big help!!!!cheers

Damn, wish I could remember the name of this part... hazard relay?
Happened to my car when I took it for the test drive, the dealership sorted it quick and easy.

Edit: Also happened to my MG, again - easy fix.

thanks mate had a feeling it mite be something to do with a relay,prob best of bobbing to audi then and getting them to source me a new part and il hopefully fix it my self:yes:

The indicator relays built into the hazard switch.

But is a common fault

how hard is it to fit the new relay? is it a centre console job removing all that?

thanks mate,that helps loads cheers buddy!!:rockwoot:

am i right in thinking then,cos mine is a 52reg so its the facelift model,do i just need to pop out them false buttons either side of the traction controll button,then just pull the gloss black plate towards me to get to the hazzard switch,or do i still need to remove my sterio??:think:

I didnt remove my stereo, just the piano black surround. no buttons need to be removed either mate,
Matt

or right,how did you manage to prise the piano black plate from around the hazzard switch then?did you have to squeeze something down either side of the plate or something??

I used a table knife with a cloth round it to prevent scratching the trim, if ur firm but gentle with it you should get it off easy enough. its only held in by clips, once the trims off its pretty self explanitory how to get the switch out.
Matt

thanks matt,i know exactly what you mean now.il be cracking on with it saturday anyway,audi had the part in stock,they said its a common fault (£38 it cost) not too bad considering iv had the car nearly a year now and this is the only part i have had to replace:icon_thumright:.

CHEERS EVERYONE!!