problem Audi dealer

Mar00

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on a car I bought from a Audi dealer 8 days ago now,

I did the deal over the phone as I'm 4 hours away then went to collect on the train, they didn't give me opportunity to test drive and it was outside and raining heavy, but I made the mistake of trusting them and as 145 point check should have been done and full service with stronic and haldex done too, I thought it would be perfect anyway,

I noticed a problem on drive home but it was snowing and late so carried on, first opportunity i had washed it off and dried it, then noticed several more issues, then realised the 145 checks could not have possibly been done, even though on the check sheet all the boxes were ticked and signed, the bluetooth was check and working according to the sheet but it doesn't have it,

• Steering wheel is out, so far indicators don't cancel, but ticked as checked
  • Moss and mold on inside of drivers door window
  • deep gouges on plastic side trims on windscreen and NS rear,
  • Moisture in headlights
  • Deep scratch on rear bumper, badly repaired paint damage on bonnet with dab of paint, it is a used car but I would expected those two item at least as should have been included in checks
  • I still don’t believe the car was serviced as the oil is dirty in the engine after only a 200 mile drive home, wouldn’t expect the haldex and stronic oils have been done either
  • when i opened bonnet lots of dead leaves in shut lines and drains on bulkhead
  • car wasn't valeted, just washed off, didn't use TFR lots of tar spots and not polished,
I've been in contact with dealer the I never get a straight answer or a response for days, they refuse to respond to emails and put anything in writing, I've contacted Audi HQ and still waiting for a call back,

I'm at the point I want to reject the car as I'm not getting anywhere, has anyone been in a similar position, as they've deliberately misled me and lied

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:
Read the term and conditions. I'm sure there is a clause where you can give it back within a certain time period.
This rule should apply to most purchased goods, including a car.

Personally I would never buy a car that I haven't seen. But now that you are in this situation. Sounds like you are doing the right things in contacting them and writing to Audi HQ.

Good luck, this is not right, and I hope they have the decency to rectify it.

PS. Its good to have things in writing, so if you want to go down the legal route you have all the records.

How did you pay for the car?? Credit card?? If so you have protection. Get the CC company involved as you have been sold defective goods. Seems to me that the dealer was happy to get shot of the car. What year and model of Audi is it??

I wouldn't normally buy without seeing the car but as it was Audi and with the 145 point checks i thought it would be safe but clearly can't even trust the main dealers,
Audi HQ are taking it seriously at least and really not happy about the 145 point checks not been done, as a dealer they don't have any decency the're just trying to drag it out, maybe they realise if it gets to 30 days it gets more difficult for me,

they keep saying they will rectify it but not actually doing anything and refuse to put anything in writing even though I keep asking and getting promises it will be done, for 9 days now,

it and S3 i paid cash, i'am trying to find out if they broke any other laws other than the sale of goods act, as they ticked and signed the check sheet knowing the checks hadn't been done and deliberately set out to deceive me,

thanks for suport

Did you pay any of it with a Credit card? I always pay something with the car as it gives you full protection. Hope you get it sorted. What year is the car??
All they have done is spoil what should have been a great day and experience for you! Good luck and keep us posted.

Did you pay any of it with a Credit card? I always pay something with the car as it gives you full protection. Hope you get it sorted. What year is the car??
All they have done is spoil what should have been a great day and experience for you! Good luck and keep us posted.

no it was debit card, I've purchased from Audi used before and never had an experience like this, definitely ruined the experience, you would think after what the service department did they would want to get it resolve as quickly as possible but just don't care,

its a 59 plate, from Beckenham and Bromley Audi, apparently beckenham is sales and bromley is service department, so if anyone else is looking for a car there make sure the 145 point checks were really done and ask for the techs notes or just avoid completley

I've now emailed and formally rejected the car as still refusing to confirm anything in writing and escalated the case with Audi HQ

Reactions: Scottyg
Keep us updated mate, shocking! Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your experience with Beckenham Audi is almost identical to mine when I bought a used A4 2.8Quattro from them; poor preparation, feeble excuses and failure to take responsibility. But mine was in 2003! Nice to see how they've come on in that time.

Reactions: Nilz
I would return the car and give them a chance to rectify all the faults, give them a written list. If you go to trading standards or Audi UK they will probably say the same. Alternatively if you do manage to speak to Audi UK, ask if you can take the car to a closer dealer to have the work done. When you come to pick it up, go through all your list to see if the work actually has been done and if not reject it and ask for your money back plus your expenses.

I had a few problems with my used s3 ,test drove it and inspected On a Saturday but When I picked it up it wasn't the greatest of light outside. Looked closely the next day and non of the marks we agreed would be gone had actually gone + the 145 point check stated that one of the tyres was 2.8 mm tread but they state in bold that their money minimum depth is 3mm. I wonder how thorough their checks are? It took Audi uk to resolve the problems in the end as the dealership didn't want to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say they do 145 point check, doesn't mean they actually do anything about it :blahblah1:

Reactions: Muggles190
Hi,

just an update, the car has now been rejected and i was refunded, I did get some support from Audi HQ, I was going to let them collect and rectify all the issues but after nearly 2 weeks and still refusing to put anything in writing or even give me a straight answer i'd had enough and rejected it,
I'd contacted 5 different people there 4 were managers non ever phoned back or replied to emails or would give me and answer, Thursday I finally spoke to a new manager there and he sorted the refund and returned all promised calls,

the car is back on sale already MT59ZPO ibis white S3, i would recommend avoiding it, i had the alignment checked and looks like its been curbed hard, i know why they refurbed the wheel before i saw it now,

pretty sure you have 14 days to change your mind on a used car purchase, was on my last car - my 145 point check was worthless too as the the underside of one sill was smashed in - they fixed it though