problem after remap 2.5tdi 163bhp

markmccormack

Reaction score
Had my a4 remapped made some difference but they told me the turbo was kicking in late he said was a common fault so I changed the turbos wastegate actuator like they said but i got my mechanic to change it got the the car back the remap was gone no power took it to were it was mapped thinking did my mechanic wipe the remap but found out it cant be.
The car runs smooth been service timing belt changed before the remap, So got the egr blanked to see if that helped but no so I am booked in on monday to get the old one fitted hoping that will put it back to the power the remap had not had much luck with my first audi love the car but has cost me a fortune since the start of july, my tddi mondeo tuned never give us a problem it had 160k on the clock double the miles of the a4

Any one had this problem before that could help me?
My cars a 2003 audi a4 2.5 v6 tdi (fwd) 163bhp 83k on the clock
Thanks

More likely your mechanic has inversed the pipes/connectors of the ER valve to the boost valve... seen it many times !

Thanks was hoping you would reply been reading alot of you treads, you know theses 2.5tdi inside out will tell them to check it when its left in and again thanks for your help

Just a update adamss24 the pipes you suggested were fitted right
The fellow that fitted the actulator just stuck it on he never set it so the fellows that remapped tryed to set it right so now the power from the remap isnt there so I dont know what to do now not happy

May be worth getting some logs done using VCDS and popping them up here - it will show us the values recorded so we have abit more of an idea.

The actuator may not be adjusted correctly though?

Whats vcds if you dont mind me asking?

Is there a way of telling or finding out how to set it right am new to audi

You need VCDS also known as Vag-com- it's a VAG diagnostic system. You need to do logs in order to set the actuator properly !

It was put on adianostic when I took it back to were it was , mapped no codes came up am thinking of getting the old actuator fitted it seems to have some yellow paint just above were we think it was set , or the new one was damaged in the post coming over from england