1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem after fitting new cat

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audiv8quattro, Jun 1, 2011.

1. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

Hi all just fitted a new nearside cat on my 2.6 v6 quattro the cat came in two parts the part with cat and bit that connects to manifold then there's the piece if tube that connects from cat to back of exhaust pipe.the piece of pipe at the back is still blowing from the joins if that makes sense and no matter how tight I tighten them it still blows.any ideas guys.thanks in advance for any replies

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

are they old school sleeve joints with the U clamp or the modern Audi-Style Sleeve or even flanged joints?

You probably need some firegum or similar around the joint.

4. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

They are the old skool ones with u clamps just put some more paste around the joint to see if that cures the problem.cheers aragorn

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

might need to take it apart and put the paste on the inner surface where they push together.

6. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

Cheers aragorn all done now.should I really have to do all that it was a brand new cat when I changed the other side two weeks ago I didn't have that problem,perhaps it was because I only paid 100 quid for this one and the other one was close to 200 just goes to show the mote you pay the better they are.thanks again