1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Plate

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Azizur_Rahman, May 1, 2010.

1. Azizur_Rahman

Azizur_Rahman Member

[May 1, 2010]
    Hi guys,
    just a little confused here. I want a private plate, however it seems like it isnt available. It also isnt on a vehicle as i hpi checked it to see if someone has purcased and put it on threir vehicly, but the search back with nothin.

My question is, is it possible to somehow track this number plate down? The plate in question is MA51ZUR. and want it to read (M A51ZUR) seems liek the best plate for my name.

Thank You
  2. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[May 1, 2010]
    It may be that the DVLA have never issued that number. Particularly as the last three begin with a Z. A phone call to the DVLA would confirm if it has been issued or not.

Also spacing it as you say would make the plate illegal and you could be fined for displaying it and if a number plate supplier was to make up a plate in that way they could be subject to a £5000 fine.
  3. bambam

bambam Member

[May 1, 2010]
    IIRC they can also confiscate the rights to the plate if it is not displayed correctly