1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Number plate questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ash187, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Wizza

Wizza BUœBENGRO–PEN

The New Reg site shows prices cheaper than teh DVLA - every other site does. Hence why when looking for a new plate always go to the DVLA website first as there are no hidden charges from what I know. All the other sites put extra prices on afterwards to make you buy teh plate in the first place. Bit of a joke actually,

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

I used these guys: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

British standard reflective metal pressed plates with UK font and a Euro GB sign that comes free which you can choose to have it on or not as its a separate item.

should turn up today i hope!

Also went into the DVLA office this morning and got my reg transferred! took my new tax disc and MOT certificate ready to fit onto the car :)

4. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I had XX XXX spaced to XXX XX.
    Managed 4 yrs with them like this before getting a £60 fine through the post from an ANPR van last year. You dont get a first warning from these!

The plate never looked as good after it was `correctly spaced` so I sold with the car for a small fee. It looked good while it lasted and was actually quite subtle.

Personally I wouldnt do it again now, each year the law gets tighter and tighter (and pointlessly pettier) and these things are more and more attractive money spinners for the authorities.

TBH I find the whole transfer process a PITA and the DVLA admin fess a p!ss take so doubt I would have another private plate.

Good luck
    Paul

5. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I was quite pleased with my new No. plate until my boss pointed out it was an anagram of GT IDIOT

6. Ash187

Got my plates on Saturday so i fitted them straight away! it looks weird as i still need to get used to the new reg... was walking up to the car with the GF yesterday and had to look twice to make sure it was actually my car :laugh:

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

Sorry only just been able to get the pics off my phone. Put my old UK plate on so you can gauge difference. Will get pic of the other one later

new plate.jpg

#86 Sarah's A3, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  8. Ash187

WOW that really is alot smaller! I decided not to get shortened plates in the end as its so hard to find shortened metal pressed plates and that will only make the police want to pull me over even more.