1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Messaging Conversation Style

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by Boydie, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

Admin,

I know on the latest version of vbulletin you can view your pm's as a conversation.

i.e. the person who pm'd you, their pm is directly below your reply so you can see what they have said instead of you trying to remember - kind of like an iphone text application

Is this possible with your verision of VB?

Would be mighty handy if you are trying to negotiate a sale.

Thanks
  2. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator

When you reply to a message the message you're replying to is automatically quoted, along with all past quotes. It's always been that way.

When I have a PM conversation I always leave the quotes in and type my reply above. I'd forget the conversation otherwise. Everyone else I have PMd has done the same back to me too.

Have you found otherwise mate?
  3. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

'Threaded' PMs can be done, but it's a hack/modification, and not vB standard code. I saw it but haven't given it a test as yet because as Staz's reply above, other than slightly different formatting, it doesn't seem to offer much over the standard 'quoting' of messages; and I'd much rather extra processing which is to be done on what is quite a busy server yield bigger benefits.

I'll have a closer look at it this week and report back findings and opinions following a 'dry run'...

Cheers,

Rob.
  4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

Mine quote but think the other way is much tidier looking and a lot of the time, people answer the questions inside the quote that you have just asked which messes up the brackets