PRICE TO BUY NEW - COMPARISONS !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi ,
i've been comparing prices for a new A3 1.6 Tdi sportback in the sport trim - with options , and was wondering the cheapest way to do this . The most expensive seems to be to pay the full retailers OTR price which just isn't going to happen . Autobytel give a price quite a bit lower , and 'What car' give a target price which is similar . Both say that you are not buying from a third party but all they do is put you in touch with the cheapest main Audi dealer that they can find . Has anyone had any experience of these , or people's opinions of the cheapest way to buy new ? I will probably go for over £2000 worth of options so does this give me any bargaining power with my local dealer to match these prices , as i'd rather stay local as opposed to travelling to the other end of country , but would do this if needed , many thanks .

Try going to your local dealers and comparing them, people on here have had success haggling it down up to 10% off! Someone said try towards the end of the month when the sales targets need meeting

you wouldnt get more than 10% off thats about the same rate that the motor trade gets

Trying towards the end of the month makes alot of sense . Does anyone know how reliable the 'target price' on the what car website is - has anyone used this ? Thanks .

Yeah tell the dealer what the target pice is, they should match it. If not give what car a call and they will tell you who the dealer is, most of them will deliver it for free too. Then just get it serviced at your local smug in the knowledge they lost your custom.

Thanks Lee_R , seemed too good to be true , but its good to read of someone who has done this .

Try http://www.uknewcars.com/ - went through them as best price at the time, a range of dealers so may be able to get one close to where you live.

Thanks Igdos , i just gave uknewcars.com a go and they came out considerably cheaper . How does this company work - are you the first registered owner ? Did you have any problems at all ? Thanks .

Thanks Igdos , i just gave uknewcars.com a go and they came out considerably cheaper . How does this company work - are you the first registered owner ? Did you have any problems at all ? Thanks .

Hi shilts - careful with the typing there ;-) - it is a brand new car, you will be the first registered owner.

If you phone them and tell them what you are looking for, they go away and must check for the cheapest dealer.

They then come back with a range of dealers and best prices, for me it was lincoln, aberdeen and somewhere else.

For me Aberdeen was best so it was ordered under my name and I paid direct to dealer. I paid something like 300 pounds as a deposit and this was taken off the price I paid on delivery.

Thanks Igdos , so really all uknewcars.com are doing is finding you the cheapest main dealer for you . You are then buying the car from the dealer just as you would if you walked in off the street and do uknewcars then play no further part in the tansaction , thanks ?

Hi Shilts,
I have been in negotiations with my local dealer and got 10% discount agreed(still trying to decide what model to go for) do some research on t'internet i.e drive the deal and uknewcars if possible print off quote and then tell your dealer to match the price if they want your business. They are more likely to agree the discount if you are prepared to take a car thats already made and in stock,if they still dont play ball pm me and i will give you details of my local dealer.

I just ordered thru drivethedeal, they hooked me up with a dealer down south, all the cash went direct to them etc...

Thanks a3rick and danA3T , it would seem like there are deals to be had . The internet deals just seemed too good to be true . I was expecting there to be a risk or catch attatched . I didn't want to end up with bum deal and not realise until it was too late . It would seem that the terms and conditions are no different to the ones you would get by walking into your local main dealers . The only thing that the internet companys are doing is intruducing you to the cheapest one - am i correct ? Many thanks .

basically yes im sure thats all they are doing, have you got a good deal with your local dealer?

Not yet Rick , just finding out what's what at the moment to see the best way to go about it all , thanks .

If you dont get what you want from your local dealer, let me know and I'll pass on the details of the guy at my local dealer