Price of S-Lines!? :C

JoeD

Reaction score
What sort of price would anyone expect to pay for a manual, 3dr, 140 TDI, S-Line, one peice grille facelift.

I thought I could get a tidy one for 10K but apparently not :/

I paid 10.5k for my '06 Sport Sportback 140 TDi, the S-lines fetch more as does the 3dr cars so would be surprised if you got a tidy one about 10k.

I am in the same boat so looking at a 140 Sport as a put me on that is a little older then maybe trade up when the new models are more common and the older shapes drop in value a little.

hi mate mine is a sport 10.5 k with 38k on it 2006. s lines are like rocking horse s**t to find. there is one in a garage near me on a 56 with 55k on it i thinks its a 140. for 10.2k cheapest i have seen

i work in a car dealer in south wales and i can tell you that you will be very lucky to find a nice tidy s-line for 10k they always fetch good money and whenever we have them in they sell near enough strait away

i think there about 1k upgrade new. but the used market you have to take what you can and normaly like someone just said they go and people are willing to pay a little over the odds for good ones. given the chance agin i would try to get one because getting hold of the bits can be a pain.

Yeah, seems to be the case. There's a few knocking around the 8-9k mark but have rediculously high miles, and I can't bring myself to spend 10k on a motor with 100k on the clock. I don't really want to settle for a sport either. Well I suppose S-lines are a little out of my price range for now then. I would be interested to know what money people with S-Lines did pay though.

Alright Joe, all depends on miles you after really. Ones for around 10k on autotrader either have huge miles or from photos dont like tidy. Get those free car magz from Tesco, when i was looking for a diesel there were a few 2005 and 2006 for £10.5k with about 70k or 65k on and msot garages on that mag are based in wales. There was on an autotrader 2006 75k 2.0tdi s-line dsg that was in manchester was a metallic red. Or pop down penarth road drove through there last night and by mini garage there a garage that had quiet a few tidy looking A3s

EDIT: Found these ones abit over £10k but not by much and lower than 80K

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cf103az/keywords/s-line/radius/1500?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1500/page/3/keywords/s-line?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...code/cf103az/keywords/s-line/page/3?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...s-line/radius/1500/postcode/cf103az?logcode=p

Last edited:
I paid £14k for my '07 2.0TDI (170) DSG S-Line last year

Should be able to pick up an 06 or something for about 11k

I paid 10.5k for my '06 Sport Sportback 140 TDi, the S-lines fetch more as does the 3dr cars so would be surprised if you got a tidy one about 10k.

I've got a Sportback and thought they cost more than the 3dr secondhand. The S-Line was about 1800 quid more when new, wouldn't have paid that myself for bigger wheels and trim bits.

I might sell you mine, fancying an A4 cabriolet!

Nice one Ash! 10.5k for an 07 plate with 69k on the clock really tempts me :D Yea I'll deffinetly get down Pernarth road and have a look whats down there. Also seems the sportbacks are cheaper than the 3dr's, which is odd since they cost more new. Thanks for the input lads! Hopfully the cars will drop a little more come September. Heres to hoping anyways!

Yeah, seems to be the case. There's a few knocking around the 8-9k mark but have rediculously high miles, and I can't bring myself to spend 10k on a motor with 100k on the clock. I don't really want to settle for a sport either. Well I suppose S-lines are a little out of my price range for now then. I would be interested to know what money people with S-Lines did pay though.

I can honestly recommend the Sport mate, I fancied an S-Line when looking for mine but quickly realised how difficult to find and pricier they are! Depends how much you're heart is really set on it but really is paying so much more for the same motor but with bigger wheels and and a fancy embossed badge on your seats worth it?

I've got a Sportback and thought they cost more than the 3dr secondhand. The S-Line was about 1800 quid more when new, wouldn't have paid that myself for bigger wheels and trim bits.

I spent a while looking about for my A3 and had been hoping for a 3dr one, but all I could find around the price I was looking for was Sportbacks or ridiculously high mileage 3drs. Maybe it was just what was about at the time, but I found a decent 3dr A3 that wasnt the basic model was tricky to come across and hence more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my Sportback and think I'm probably quite glad I didn't get a 3dr.

I read early today on Autotrader that A3s hold the used car sale price the best..I think when I get round to buying one I will mostly likely have to got for a high mileage 2.0tdi, but service history is a must!

VAG diesels are said to be bullet proof..

Nice one Ash! 10.5k for an 07 plate with 69k on the clock really tempts me :D Yea I'll deffinetly get down Pernarth road and have a look whats down there. Also seems the sportbacks are cheaper than the 3dr's, which is odd since they cost more new. Thanks for the input lads! Hopfully the cars will drop a little more come September. Heres to hoping anyways!

No problem Joe. Not too bad price that one. May be worth asking Alex S3 WOW "Williams Motors" if he can source you a car. He offered to source me a new car once im ready. Yeah sportsback do seem to be alot cheaper than the 3doors. I'd get a 5door just a nice and dare i say it look better from behide with the new rear lights and bumpers than the 3door! But as said Joe, get a sport with leather interior, then just lower it, get the rear spoiler and change the bumpers. It save you quite a bit aswell more money for you to mod the car how you like. Have you checked Carshop ok they are d*** when it comes to selling cars and the people who work for them are annoying.
But fair play when i was looking for a diesel they had a 56 reg Feb 2007 Avus Silver S-line 3door S-tronic 50k 2.0tdi 170 £13k decent spec had sat nav aswell. They lowered it to £12,350.
Then they had a 55 Phantom Black S-line 2.0tdi 140 S-tronic 40k £12k that end going for £11.5k both cars only had one owner and i went to see them looked very tidy. Only reason i never got one as i want another petrol A3 or a newish 09 diesel A3.

I can honestly recommend the Sport mate, I fancied an S-Line when looking for mine but quickly realised how difficult to find and pricier they are! Depends how much you're heart is really set on it but really is paying so much more for the same motor but with bigger wheels and and a fancy embossed badge on your seats worth it?

I spent a while looking about for my A3 and had been hoping for a 3dr one, but all I could find around the price I was looking for was Sportbacks or ridiculously high mileage 3drs. Maybe it was just what was about at the time, but I found a decent 3dr A3 that wasnt the basic model was tricky to come across and hence more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my Sportback and think I'm probably quite glad I didn't get a 3dr.

I' be happy if i had your Sportsback! Looks beautiful. Cant wait to see it on sunday

Last edited:
Cheers for the comments guys. I know what you mean about the sportback Swanny. Those sb rears are stunning, thats one thing I wish the 3dr's had. I think I might consider a Sport, but to be honest I'm not sure If I want to mod the car too much, and I'm thinking trying to source S-Line parts will be a huge hastle.
Ash, I think I know the guy, have seen his S3 around the city a few times, and seen him knocking around in an F430 Spider a few times too haha, lives up Ty Gywn Rd don't he?
We'll have to get down Pernarth and have a butchers at the A3's mate pretty sharpish I reckon, but thanks for the info, will be popping down there soon.
Robby, that's a bit depressing to me haha, somthing like your's would be ideal for me, but I've missed the boat so I'll just have to keep looking for the time being, but it's good to know there are bargains like yours to have, just a matter of buying it off someone before the deal does.

save or get a sport i personally prefer low miles to high spec