1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price of an A4 Quattro Cab!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by madmiketyson, Oct 19, 2010.

1. madmiketyson

madmiketyson New Member

I bought myself one in May and paid £14k for it. That was a great price at the time and it took me ages to actually get my hands on one after numberous phone calls where the car had already sold.
    I was just browsing around and found people selling them for as little as £5k now!
    I understand the value will dip in the winter months but my question is will it go back up, to anything close to what I paid for it when summer rolls round again?
    Really wish I had bought it in the winter now but lifes a bitch huh....:blink:

Cheers :salute:

2. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

are these ones an equivilent to yours?

3. madmiketyson

madmiketyson New Member

Pretty much yes...Slightly higher mileage....Mine has 40k on it, the ones I can see are 60kish.

4. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

they sound to good to be true, i cant believe there would be a seasonal 9 grand drop. if so its worth buying one now and flogging it next summer.

5. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

What engine size is yours?

I know a fair bit about these and the values, I've been offered £14k for mine last week but mine has virtually all the factory options fitted along with a few other bits!

I know the £5k ones your on about - i thought about buying one for parts lol! It's mainly the time of year, convertibles values peak in spring and sumer then drop like a rock due to lack of demand thereafter. So I wouldn't be too worried

6. madmiketyson

madmiketyson New Member

Mines the 3.0 and its on a 54 plate mate.

Im not sure what the factory options are for it, but its got Sat Nav/TV etc in.....Id say it had a decent spec but then looking at yours, im not so sure haha!

I figured the value would drop a fair bit over the winter but what got me was doing an insurance quote for my renewal and they valued the car at just under £8k...That made me look on Auto Trader and then I saw them even cheaper than that....I always figure the bottom few are top scrappers in waiting on there anyway but it concerned me a little that its almost halved in value with the insurers already.....What could I expect it to go back up to when it peaks again.....I need to appease the mrs! lol

7. Louis Cronin

Louis Cronin Member

Mines the 3.0 on a 03 plate, it has 60k on the clock and TV/sat nav. I paid 10k for it, and at the time was a good price. I have also seen the 5k ones on auto trader and want to be sick!

8. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

listen up, scammers place adverts for cars they dont have at silly low prices, you can imagen the phone rings off the hook,

1, they get people to meet them at a place and mug them for the cash,
    2, they say its in storage and they are overseas, you need to wire them the cash and they will relese the car to you, which it wont be,

419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!