Pressure request - 225/40/18

DarkBunny

Reaction score
I've no sticker in the fuel flap and need to check the tyres...

Does anyone have the official pressures for this tyre/wheel combo?

Thanks!

I have the same size wheels/tyres on my new 8V A3 Sportback, and the sticker on the car says around 35psi on the front and 32psi on the rear. My sticker is inside the rebate on the driver's door, rather than in the fuel cap. Have you checked your door for the info?

my sticker is also inside drivers door and not the fuel cap.

pretty sure it is 36 all round on mine, also quattro.

I have the same size wheels/tyres on my new 8V A3 Sportback, and the sticker on the car says around 35psi on the front and 32psi on the rear. My sticker is inside the rebate on the driver's door, rather than in the fuel cap. Have you checked your door for the info?

Looked all around the car in the usual places - but still nothing!

my sticker is also inside drivers door and not the fuel cap.

pretty sure it is 36 all round on mine, also quattro.

Hmmm - don't know which one to go for!

Funny that, the dealer I got my car from in feb said that exact tyre pressures when I asked him.
Any chance u could take a pic of ur sticker and post it on here please m8?
Seems strange the recommendations have went from 42 front and 39 rear before to lower inflations.
I run mine at 36 all round, even wear.
Best to trial and error and see what u prefer :)

Mine says 35 at the front and 30 at the back...it's a sportback.

Mine says 35 at the front and 30 at the back...it's a sportback.

30 seems a tad low on the back in my opinion.
Is that for 18's?
I take it that's with carrying nobody in the back?

Changed mine to 36 all round and I'll see how I get on.

Have to say that I was amazed (and highly dissapointed) that I bought my motor from a VW franchised dealer, and it's been into and Audi main dealer for a 'check-up' and neither noticed that my fronts were running 25psi and the rears were 30psi!!! :banghead:

Looking forward to better fuel economy now!

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Strange that they didnt notice before they sold u it.
i don't think they would check ur tyre pressures for a health check m8.
probably just a visual round the car, check the fluids, check ur tyre tread and function test a few things :)

Reactions: DarkBunny
Funny that, the dealer I got my car from in feb said that exact tyre pressures when I asked him.
Any chance u could take a pic of ur sticker and post it on here please m8?
Seems strange the recommendations have went from 42 front and 39 rear before to lower inflations.
I run mine at 36 all round, even wear.
Best to trial and error and see what u prefer :)

Sorry for the delay. Here's the sticker from my car...

Just to note, this is from the new A3 Sportback (8v) S-Line, non quattro.

Photo

To be honest I'm not sure that is exactly what they are set to... The car is brand new, only picked it up last week, and it's only done 100 miles. I'm assuming that the dealer had set the tyre pressures to the correct pressure when I picked up the car! I was just going on what the label said the pressure should be for the size of wheel etc. that I have.

To be honest, assuming the pressures are set correctly, the ride feels very good and smooth. :)

Reactions: RobbieWebs
To be honest I'm not sure that is exactly what they are set to... The car is brand new, only picked it up last week, and it's only done 100 miles. I'm assuming that the dealer had set the tyre pressures to the correct pressure when I picked up the car! I was just going on what the label said the pressure should be for the size of wheel etc. that I have.

To be honest, assuming the pressures are set correctly, the ride feels very good and smooth. :)

I'm sure urs handles like a dream anyways :)
Not even scratched the surface of enjoying it yet :)

View attachment 20718
MY10 A3 Sportback 170TDI Quattro

Mine is the same. I actually adjusted mine to the recommended pressures last week and it's transformed the car. I was initially unimpressed with the handling after my GTI but it feels so much closer to it now:) for reference it came at 2.4 bar all round