Pressed Plate Feeler

PH1L

Gievf Buckets
Reaction score
Hi guys i am going to be orginising a group buy for pressed plates and was wondering if it would take anyones fancy, the link to the thread is here, if anyone knows of companies whose results they were chuffed with drop me a line too as ill be reaching out to a few for the highest quality cheapest deal, feel free to forward this on, its just a feler atm but if we get enough ill start reaching out and see what we can get, remember this is a good oppertunity to finally get round to getting yourself some pressed plates, be them for show or road use

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want pressed plates go with dubmeister, they are fantastic and do the surrounsd as well, although not cheap! but you get waht you pay for
if you have a hunt through the post pictures thread you will find a couple photos of mine in there

yeah id be pushing for surrounds also, thanks junglist ill reach out to them

As previously mentioned, dubmeister make some pretty good plates that are road legal. I've previously had some off an eBay seller that goes by the name crafty-plates

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crafty-Plates

I've used them twice without issues.

i might be down. price dependent for me too

I'd be interested but on my new motor that is coming in December, too late I guess?

might be able to get a perminant discount ill have to speak to the companies

I'm interested

I know dubmeister DO run GB's with a minimum of 10 people - I spoke to them before, if you call and ask they will give you the info.

Dubmeister for road legal plates, been looking to order set of plates and surrounds for mine and the missus car so would definitely be up for this

Thanks
Shane

i eamiled them yesterday and will phone today, think theyre off till next week but ill keep everyone posted, if everyone could speak to other club members too im sure we can get ourselfs a bigger discount

ill see if i can get an answer calling them today, its got on thier website that they are on holiday, you never know though

im getting too bogged down with work on the s3 so someone can take over this if they wish, otherwise ill pick it up when its back on the road

apologies guys

How far into it did you get? Dunno if you managed to get hold of them atall as you mentioned they were on holiday

I'm interested aswell but would prefer next month if at all possible :)

I just been on their website and clicked on legal pressed plate and they are only £30 a pair. That's not bad is it?

thats quite cheep i would like some, mine have the garages name on i got my car from. can we have some pics on a3's lava grey lol.

heard back from them but couldnt get a hold of them on the phone to speak about prices etc

I got mine from germanplates.com well pleased but like others got stung with a £60 fine I'd get some dubmeister ones though, do you get a legal doc with them to wave at the buggers when (and it is a when) they tug you?

I got mine from germanplates.com well pleased but like others got stung with a £60 fine I'd get some dubmeister ones though, do you get a legal doc with them to wave at the buggers when (and it is a when) they tug you?

Really? Are they a guaranteed pull? Where bouts are you from?

Depends on the plod I suppose, I'm
From cleethorpes, the local idiots cause mayhem and the legitimate car enthusiast pays the price I guess! Looks wicked though

I will ring dubmeister if I get a chance tomorrow and see if I can get an idea of prices and then can take it from there.

Thanks
Shane

Would also be interested if you can get this at a discount. Had pressed plates from Dubmeister for my last car and they were very good.

Right I have spoke to them today, basically it stands like this:
They can sort out a group buy on plates and surrounds, but they will have to be 2 separate codes.
We need a minimum order of 20 sets of each to activate the codes.
Once the code has been activated it will be open for 2 weeks only.
Prices for 1 pair of plates will be £26.90 delivered
Prices for 1 pair of plates and 1 pair of surrounds will be £41.90 delivered

As I said this is subject to a minimum of 20 orders of each, I will make a new topic in the group buy section as soon as I get a mod/admin to let me. I will need 2 lists those who just want plates and those who want plates and surrounds. I will let this run for a few weeks then will contact dubmeister too arrange the 2 codes to be activated these will then be posted up for everyone to use for 2 weeks. Hope this all makes sense

Thanks
Shane

That's not really a discount. There are loads of surrounds on eBay for cheap and the plates are only £4 cheaper lol. Still good though that they can sort it out. I have already ordered mine as I needed them to get my private plate on

The plates are usually £30 plus delivery. The surrounds price are for the dealer surrounds here: Number Plate Surrounds they work out at about £15 per pair instead of £20

I have sent one admin a pm as not really sure who's best to talk to about starting the group buy thread

Thanks
Shane

Last edited:
Good saving on the plates - its £30 plus £6.90 delivery so you're saving a tenner :)

Shame I was impatient but I bought a set last week; my second set now (had a set on previous car) and very happy with them :thumbsup:

Yeah, just waiting for word back from admin so I can get on with the thread :)

Right thread is up if everyone here interested could post there would be great. If anyone want's to spread the word to friends/other forum sections that would be good too. Thread can be found here: Dubmeister group buy

Thanks
Shane

Has anyone got a picture of their Dubmeister surrounds fitted to their car and could post some pics plse, not sure whether to get a surround or not..