Pressed Number plates

Jine

Crippled n Crazy
Reaction score
As the title suggests, where can i get a pair of german style pressed plates?

Got mine from Dubmeiter, very good service and quality plates

Cheers lads, What do you use to get them on the car? some kind of double sided sticky?

Yep - get a plate holder (x2)

Awesome GTi are doing some for a fiver or so each - I have them on my car.

The sticky pads rarely work - I tried everything, even sticky pads that apparently supergran would have issues with, yet I could pull the plates off with my tounge, that is if they hadn't all ready fallen off! Best to screw the holders in place (your normally safe to drill a few little holes).

Another note - most pressed plates are not legal so bear this in mind for your MOT (eg. keep original plates) or pay a bit extra to get legit ones with the extra writing on them :( Regal Autosport do the legit ones

No to plate holder's i think they look to bulky. I have a set you can have.

Without Holders.

Thats what i was thinking Col, I want them to sit as flush to the bumper and boot as i can get them. Any suggestions?

Clean the front bumper and boot area, offer up the pressed (without the ds tape) plate to the front bumper and bend/form the plate to the curve of the bumper, once you are happy lay 3 strip's of ds tape making sure the tape does not show on the edges or top of the plate . The rear boot is the same step's but without the bending/forming.

Clean the front bumper and boot area, offer up the pressed (without the ds tape) plate to the front bumper and bend/form the plate to the curve of the bumper, once you are happy lay 3 strip's of ds tape making sure the tape does not show on the edges or top of the plate . The rear boot is the same step's but without the bending/forming.

Just want to second that - you will need to bend the plates, well the front at least

Also do you guys get much trouble from the rozzers about the font?

Thats alright then. so they can understand class when they see it.

I'll be getting my order on tomorrow then (pay day)!

Also do you guys get much trouble from the rozzers about the font?

I bought mine off ebay from craftyplates(sellers name company). I have had them on for over 2 years without any problems. One thing to note make sure they are the real pressed alloy plates as the cheap ones suffer from peeling.