Pressed metal plate fixings

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Got myself some nice pressed plates , and they are a bit heavier than i expected, So I am curious to how other people have fixed theirs to their cars.

I usually fix my standard plates with adhesive tape, as I dont like to see the screw head cover things.

Has anybody else fixed theirs on with adhevive pads? or have you screwed them on?

Thanks guys and girls!

this would be good to know as im waiting for my V5C to come through before i order my dubmeister plates.... btw how long should you have to wait for the V5C?

Paolo

Thanks staz. They look spot on!!!:icon_thumright:

this would be good to know as im waiting for my V5C to come through before i order my dubmeister plates.... btw how long should you have to wait for the V5C?

Paolo
Not sure mate, my v750 come through in a couple of days from the dvla. I sent that to dubmeister to get my plates made. Now they are here, just a quick trip to the local dvla office to get the v5 and tax disc sorted etc and then job done :)

Oh and Staz, when you use them , do you double them up? or are they fat enough to fill the recess between the plate and bumper if you know what I mean:)

Just need to know how many to order thats all!

Powerstrips or the surround! I used to have a surround on my MKIV, looked good.

Wow, now you can get all private! Welcome to the club! Woohoo! See, didnt take long to get it! (is that the mods? or am I still to wait???lol)

Aaarrgg you're killing me lol. I may have a few things up my sleeve too!

Thats not fair....you are playing me at my own game now lol!

Dont tell me you have finally got you front bumper?

well there are 3 sorts really.

Rns-e with the black buttons

Rns-e chrome same as above only has shiny buttons :)

New rns-e looks the same as chrome, but has a media button , hi res screen , 32gb for sd cards and some other stuff probably

:)

well there are 3 sorts really.

Rns-e with the black buttons

Rns-e chrome same as above only has shiny buttons :)

New rns-e looks the same as chrome, but has a media button , hi res screen , 32gb for sd cards and some other stuff probably

:)

So is yours 'the same as above with shiny buttons'? or the new chrome??

Oh and Staz, when you use them , do you double them up? or are they fat enough to fill the recess between the plate and bumper if you know what I mean:)

Just need to know how many to order thats all!

Don't you have the foam matt behind the plate?

They come in a couple of different thicknesses and I had the thicker ones. They're in packets of 10.

Don't you have the foam matt behind the plate?

They come in a couple of different thicknesses and I had the thicker ones. They're in packets of 10.

Nope, no foam backing on mine. Must be a 3mm gap im going to have to fill.

Where did you get your plates staz?

Scottie, you have too many PM in the memory to accept anymore lol

Just wanted to give you a huge thank you for all your help tonight, all sorted phew! Least everyone knows im me now!

thanks mate x