Pressed metal number plates.

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Think I'm going to get a set for the A4 when I change the reg. no.

Thoughts? Suppliers? etc..

Cheers.

I have had mine for ages mate, but pulled em from the car when the fuzz were having a clampdown around here.

One set came from the Bay and one set came from GTI Inters as i have one shorter set but wasn't happy as they didnt look right on the bumper cut out

I see.. cheers for the info everyone.

So it's a bit hit or miss with plod then.. suppose it's worth a punt anyway. Don't want any special size or anything just standard but pressed as I think they work well on VAG cars.

Think I'll try Dubmiester.

Cheers.

Erm........

Fine.jpg

Damn! :whistle2:

And I've obviously learned my lesson as I put a standard plate back on the car. Up until I got the MOT certificate then it fell off in my hand:uhm:

Not worth the hassle.

They don't increase performance, and as they are likely to get you a fine, not even cosmetically appealing.

The dubmeister ones are supposed to be made to BSAD145d.

If you got a fine with them fitted then you'd have a valid legal case against dubmeister.

I should point out that dubmeister USED to sell german style pressed plates not conforming to BSAU145d, so its important not to confuse the two.

The legal ones are in the UK font with the correct spacing and the correct reflex transfective backing.

I get all my pressed plates from www.platemyride.com - I've had them on all my cars from about 5 years onwards now.

...except the A4. For some reason I don't feel the urge to put any on it... strange.

I hear PC Plod likes following them

I would love them and think they look great on Audis, however IMHO dont think its worth the hassle of 'maybe' getting stopped, then having to go through the rigmarole of contacting the plate manufacturer.

as long as you get plain pressed plates theres no issue with them, used them on all my cars in the last 10 years without any issue, i used to get them from cyprus before they started doing them again in this country but now just use the ebay ones

a nice finishing touch in my opinion, certainly nicer than cheap plastic ones with halfords etc printed at the bottom

I know the difference between a legal licence plate, and an illegal one.

I also feel the regular UK plastic ones look fine. I'd rather not have to chase up some random supplier with legal issues, each time I get stopped by Babylon boys, I simply don't have the time.

Again... www.platemyride.com do legal UK spec pressed plates, complete with the correct BS numers stamped on.

Might as well go there and be legal at the same time.

I like my plates, these are metal. Although the pic is crap quality they do look good, as someone said there much better than plastic one's that eventually go all manky from behind. These get my vote :thumbsup:

IMO a pressed metal plate looks much better than a cheap looking plastic one.. but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :blahblah1:

Anyway I'll definitely do my research before buying a set.

i had set on my a4, but the plod took disliken to then, but only the back one:uhm:

so i now have a normal one on the back and a press one on the front, i really dont get the police sometimes