Prepping for winter...do 16's fit?

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Afternoon folks,

So i've got a 2007 170 Quattro A3. As I live out in the sticks in the North East of Scotland i'm prepping myself for winter.

I've had winter tyres for the past couple of winters on my mk4 golf and they were awesome, made a massive difference, especially on roads where normally only 4x4's make it through.

So now i've got the quattro i'm thinking about getting some winter wheels and tyres in the hope of also getting my 18s refurbed over the winter. Was thinking about getting myself some 16 inch A3 wheels cheap from Ebay and putting some good quality winter tyres on in the hope that being 16 inch they will be a wee bit cheaper. I'm sure i've seen a thread on here where someone was running 16's on there 170 but I could be making that up. Anyone know if they would fit?

Thanks

Justin

Aha another ex mk4 golf owner :rock:

I'm pretty sure your car has 312mm discs at the front so you would be able to fit 16's no problem. I ran 16" steelies on the golf with 312mm discs up front and they were fine.

Tyre wise, I'd recommend Avon Ice Touring ST's. I've got them in 18's and they were phenomenal last winter. Camskill do them for £75 a corner.

Reactions: crunchie and JudderMan
I've just put some Goodyear Ultragrip winter tyres on my 18" s-line wheels and put them on ready for winter. Hoping to be able to get the car out this year now! Camskill have some loads of winters at good prices

mu m8s got some 16" genuine alloys for sale will put some pics up tomo

Thanks for the replies guys!

Regarding the mk4 I absolutely loved that car, must admit I haven't quite got the same love for the a3 just yet, despite it being the better car in probably every way, but there was just something about the golf ha ha

Good to hear I can fit 16s and I will have to have a look at Camskill. Might consider just putting winter tyres on the current 18s and then purchase some BBS CH's for summer....

Rhyso - It was your thread I had seen 16s on the 170 ha ha cheers bud!

Reactions: Rhyso
Workings on my winter 16's right now!

I think the majority will hate :D

null_zpsfc800ad4.jpg

Reactions: davc