1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prefacelift A3/S3 headlights the same?

MrTackalakalaka Oct 5, 2012

1. Hello ASN

The outside part (indicator) of my offside headlight keeps falling out and hanging down due to the clips being broken.
    Are the A3 2 piece headlights the same as the S3? I have found a replacement indicator part but its listed for an A3......the seller is pretty sure itll fit an S3 but not 100%. Anyone know?

Cheers

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Not sure if the fitment are the same, but the S3 ones cost loads from dealers and are very rare 'used', because they have a chrome thing inside them, in front of the bulb.

3. ah yer! hmmmm that is annoying!! dont think its the right on then. thanks for that

4. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ive just sold a facelift set of lights to danny22 on here, so if you pm him he may sell you an s3 indicater? Not sure what his plans were for the xenons he removed. HTH

5. thats brilliant!! thanks for that!!

also does the chrome cover that covers the bulb actually do anything? or is it styling? if i cant get hold of them off danny 22 i may just bite the bullet and try the A3 indicators

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Just for styling methinks, it matches the chrome xenon part.