Pre Sense - Anyone test it Yet?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Anyone had the car stopped by pre sense yet? I was gonna test it by slowly driving up to a wall. I have the distance warning come up a few times but it has not yet applied the brakes etc.

I've not 'tested' it as such, but have had it go off a couple of times. Both times where when the car in front of me was turning off the road, and I was accelerating towards it in anticipation of the road clearing, and the car obviously doesn't know the obstacle is about to clear so jolted the brakes! Not sure if it was the 'warning shot' as it were or it was actually bringing me to a stop, but I'm certainly not going to test it on purpose. Glad it's there though! Gives you a bit of a shock when it does go off though...

I'm sure it won't be too long until there are videos on youtube of it being tested.

There is a YouTube video of an a5 or a6 testing it with cardboard boxes covered in tinfoil. It didn't work.

From what I understand it doesn't work for stationary objects and the object also needs to be metal?

The ACC doesn't recognise stationary objects, but pre-sense does I think.

happened once in our A4 B8

pretty impressive and propably saved me from a big accident. was on the motorwar at around 140 km/h and suddently the car in front of me brakes to a full stop. cars ahead were fully stopped and the A4 braked before me.

Mine triggered yesterday when it wasn't supposed to, but perhaps it was a unique situation. I was driving 35 km/h on a local road with high snow banks and there were pedestrians on the roadway. Specifically, a drunken madman wobbling on his bicycle in my lane, and a pair of delinquents pushing a stolen shopping cart a bit further ahead on the opposite side. I steered around the weaving cyclist and for an instant my car was aimed at the moving shopping cart, maybe 15 feet ahead. It must have interpreted it as another vehicle because Pre-Sense squawked and briefly jammed on the brakes. Bicycle man was startled and rang his bell lol! Once I steered back into my lane the brakes released and we continued on. Luckily nobody was tailgating me.

All this thread is telling me is that some people really need to learn how to drive.

It saved me from rear ending someone who braked suddenly in front of me for no apparent reason. To be fair, it would have been my fault for not paying attention.

So it's paid for itself!

Reactions: cemerson