1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre paint work advice

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jamiekip, Dec 1, 2007.

1. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Dec 1, 2007]
    Hi,

Having not really used my car for the last few weeks, I've just noticed a reasonbly nasty dent and chip on the side of my car on the crease just in front of the fuel filler cap.
    Broken beer bottle glass nearby suggests some thoughtless twerp has thrown it and it's landed on the side of my car. Great!

So, it could have happened some time ago, and the paint is exposed. Any suggestions on what to put over the exposed metal whilst it waits to go in for repair?

Advice apprecaited

JK
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. jr001

jr001 Member

[Dec 1, 2007]
    Give it a clean out first and then apply the wax or sealant that you have Jamie. To be honest, as long as it's not the metal, you won't be seeing any rust.:icon_thumright:
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Aye, as above, just wax/seal it - will be sufficient until the bodyshop can see to it. Bad news though, bloody idiots. :sorry:
  5. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Dec 3, 2007]
    I know - very annoying, especially as this is the first car i've actually really looked after, from a detailing perspective!
    Cheer for the advice guys - all sealed waiting for a date it can go in for repair!