Pre heater

Gillm

Reaction score
Evening guys when I bought my car the previous owner said it has a pre heater and will warm the car up before I get in and go to work . Any ideas on what it's called and how to activate it ?

Im guessing your cars a diesel? If its is, the timer settings are via the MMI, (something like aux ventalation / heating - I am not in my car at present, but it is there) just set the time a short while before you are due to get in and leave, but it can kill the battery, hence I dont use it.

Known as auxiliary heater, controlled via dis menu's aswell as a remote fob, subject to the system installed.

Cars in having a service but will check tomorrow .

On the VW phaeton its a small one cylinder desel engine that just warms up the coolant to the cabin. On frosty mornings you still need to remember the engine coolant is cold and dont give it beans!

Can be activated in the mmi or via vcds, one of those features that do not always come activated from the factory.

How do I activate this ? Had a quick look and can't find anything

Unless its spec'd at build, it wont be fitted, so coding wont be of use, mostly fitted in Nordic countries.

Humm wondering if the previous owner was talking porkys ? As there is nothing on the mmi

re-programming the Phaeton “auxilliary heater” to work as a “parking heater”

1. Module 18 security access code 22106

2. Adapt channel 09 to value 2
3. Adapt channel 04 to value 0
4. If the heater locks up, clear the error by adapting channel 03 to value 1