1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-facelift S3 Mirrors on facelift S3.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FJ0372, Feb 19, 2012.

1. FJ0372

FJ0372 New Member

To cut a long story short, some absolute c**t snapped off and stole the mirrors from my facelift 8l. I've managed to track down a set of pre-facelift S3 mirrors for a reasonable price that I know for a fact aren't stolen (wouldn't want to make these twats efforts worthwhile). Would anyone kindly let me know if the plugs fit from a pre-facelift to a facelift? and considering I'd have the whole of both mirrors (not just the caps which I know aren't interchangeable) the mirrors should mount on, right?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Sorry to hear matey, thieving scums out there! But I'm sure they do as s3 rav has a prefacelift a3 one on his and it works. Although he needs a facelift house for his but that's another story lol.
  3. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

As Gops says the pins do fit fine. But obviously the housing won't fit properly/flush! I've got a pair of aluminium mirrors if your interested.
  4. IrishDave

IrishDave Member

If you are buying these from a member on here be care full as I was recently scammed for pre facelift mirrors.