1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-facelift headlight indicators

Jason.s Apr 12, 2011

1. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Anyone every cracked them open or ever come across somewhere that sells different ones ie tinted or something to fit valeo headlights. Found a few tacky looking ones but they only fit bosch headlights.

I painted the insides of the headlights over the weekend now just need to tint or buy tinted indicators.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(lights arent actually on it was the light coming through the garage door)
    [​IMG]

If there arent any options then probably just buy some lamin-x or flyseyes to cover them as i looked at the indicators and it looked like it was perhaps a one piece inside so you couldnt take the chrome out to paint plus the lense is very brittle and dont want to break them.

Thought i`d ask just incase anyone knows before i go and buy some film to go over the top.

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

3. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Yeah i did see those but even if they were Valeo fitting i think they`d be too dark and a bit tacky looking lol. I dont even know what the difference is between the two to be honest apart from bosch saying its a tripple headlight on ETKA. Bit too much money to be spending out as i only painted them for a cheap mod to make the front look a bit better and still will be cheap even with some tinting film.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

tacky lol?

Its exactly the same design as the S4 and facelift A4 headlamps, but with a good portion of the chrome reflector done black.

I guess it would look a bit weird next to the old skool A4 headlamps though. I'm going to buy a set to go with my PFL S4 lights.

5. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

lol dunno might be the picture. Suppose if it was all matching it`d look alright. I`ve seen some black ones same sort of style to that and they look aweful to me but the more i look at the pics they dont look as bad as i first thought.