Pre-Facelift dash to Facelift dash

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
My friday was spent fitting a facelift dash in to my Pre-Facelift B5.

I rerouted some cables and attempted to tied up the hole area. Couple of little issues, first the fan packed up, the cigarette lighter only works when the lights are off, the gear stick serround does not fit my automatic, I lost my spare cup holder and need to rethink my fog light plan and need new stereo blanks.
Not to bad really. I'm popping in to audi tomorrow to get prices on a few things, so hopefully it should completed very soon.

The centre dash is black where the rest of the dash is Oynx in colour. I don't think its bad colour match, I think it matches the top of the dash and door cards well. I'm happy with it.

Here are the pics of the change.

From this
IMG_6000.jpg

To this
2011_04_14_1213.jpg

Then to this
2011_04_15_1219.jpg

2011_04_15_1220.jpg

2011_04_15_1239.jpg

I also had this turn up today.
2011_04_15_1251.jpg

Looks good.

My stereo has looked like that for about a year now lol, if you find a decent adaptor bit let me know who/what/where etc so i can buy some.

Getting there, major improvement just getting rid of the wood!

Whats the new loom that turned up??? Looks like an led at the end?

Getting there, major improvement just getting rid of the wood!
You sound the like the misses. lol
I like the wood but it does make it look a bit dated.

Whats the new loom that turned up??? Looks like an led at the end?
Its armrest storage illumination LED.
Its from the B6s and its meant to look like this when fitted in to their arm rest.
ArmrestLighting006.jpg

But it wont when fitted in a B5.
I'm off to try and fit it today.
I might be on the hunt for a new armrest tonight. lol

looking much better
how did you get hazard switch to illuminate, mine doesnt

I just wired the FL hazard switch in. Looked neater when lit.

Do the fog lights work?
I assume you added the extra wire to the HVAC to allow it light with ignition too?

I just wired the FL hazard switch in. Looked neater when lit.
I should have done that but never thought about it really.
Next time its all out I might do it.

Do the fog lights work?
Nope but they illuminate. lol

I'm still unsure what to do with the fog lights.

I assume you added the extra wire to the HVAC to allow it light with ignition too?
Yup, did that.

I wired in my glove box illumination but my camera went flat.
Images later.

small problem with the armrest illumination. The way I stuck it to the armrest caused all the light to be pointed out of the box and not in to it.
It needs a bracket being made up and a repositioning.

You sound the like the misses. lol
I like the wood but it does make it look a bit dated.

In the voice of "The MRS"------"In fact, come to think of it, you spend way too much time on that silly car, and way too much money.............

Did i tell you, i need some new silly looking, awkward wearing shoes? And some perfume that smells like its made from dead cats pi$$ mixed with some stank water??? Also, we need some new wallpaper thats sure to be out of fashoin just around the time you finish the last strip!!!

Ha ha!!!!

In the voice of "The MRS"------"In fact, come to think of it, you spend way too much time on that silly car, and way too much money.............

Did i tell you, i need some new silly looking, awkward wearing shoes? And some perfume that smells like its made from dead cats pi$$ mixed with some stank water??? Also, we need some new wallpaper thats sure to be out of fashoin just around the time you finish the last strip!!!

Ha ha!!!!

lol.
I think i'm lucky, she never moans about the money. Only moans that it looks like a grandad car, I think the fact that I bought it from my grandad might have something to do with it. lol

Armrest storage illumination attempted.

This is what I bought
2011_04_15_1251.jpg

This is what it looks like on a A4 B6.
ArmrestLighting006.jpg

This is how it looks on my A5 B5.
2011_04_17_1267.jpg

Small issue with it being like that. All the light shines up and out of the compartment.
It should be like this.
2011_04_17_1272.jpg

I need to make a bracket up for it to keep it at that angle.
I'll do it at some point.

armrest light looks interesting i didnt know the pre face 2.8 was not Tip
nice job on the console! transforms the interior

I use that one, fits quite well... will get a pic up later if you like,
so you can see how well/not it fits

You mean you havent tested it! :(

The reason i asked was because i baught one before that claimed to fit and it didnt!

I wanted a known good set before i wasted any more money :p

Not bought one, I was looking in to one and found that.
It was purely passing on a location that sells them.

Rconn said he fitted and its ok.
A, at least its a fiver. :)

I'm looking at some of my older threads and trying to finish them off the best I can.

Here is a complete pic of my centre consol.
I bought the stereo kit that's listed above and ordered a gear stick surround from Audi.

IMAG0341.jpg

Vast improvement! Really good job.

Now get the wood sorted, it's a car not a Chesterfield side board :asskicking: My Dad grew up in the States, and when I was a kid he had one of those station wagons with wood panelling on the sides! Mongful!!

Piano black, alu, carbon alu, I'd even shift my position on the wood if it was that black colour wood panel, but brown wood was a hang over from the past, and possibly due to a lack of quality alternative finishes or imagination on behalf of Audi designers!

Bit of 3M film and all will be well mate. You've done such an ace job, put the icing on the cake!

Piano black, alu, carbon alu, I'd even shift my position on the wood if it was that black colour wood panel, but brown wood was a hang over from the past, and possibly due to a lack of quality alternative finishes or imagination on behalf of Audi designers!

Bit of 3M film and all will be well mate. You've done such an ace job, put the icing on the cake!

I might look in to it.

I'm feeling the wood. Looks quite nice.

Only change it if you WANT to change it. Don't change it just for the sake of changing it.

But, I wouldn't swap my blue weave carbon for it though, before you ask! lol

I'm feeling the wood. Looks quite nice.

Only change it if you WANT to change it. Don't change it just for the sake of changing it.

But, I wouldn't swap my blue weave carbon for it though, before you ask! lol

I'm all ways in two minds about the wood.
Always thinking about it.
Might try and get some wrap samples.

I'm looking at some of my older threads and trying to finish them off the best I can.

Here is a complete pic of my centre consol.
I bought the stereo kit that's listed above and ordered a gear stick surround from Audi.

IMAG0341.jpg

:puke: a SENDAI!!!! :wtf:

wont last long....

:puke: a SENDAI!!!! :wtf:

wont last long....

+1! before any wrap maybe one of these won't break the bank, and cheaper than a sleeping bag romper suit!

JVC-KD-R321-KS-BTA100-PACK.jpg

£74 from CarAudioSecurity!

+1! before any wrap maybe one of these won't break the bank, and cheaper than a sleeping bag romper suit!

JVC-KD-R321-KS-BTA100-PACK.jpg

£74 from CarAudioSecurity!

I do like the look of that but there is nothing wrong with my Sendai.
It works, looks ok and sounds just fine.
I'm able to phone people and steam audio from my phone to it.

I do like the look of that but there is nothing wrong with my Sendai.
It works, looks ok and sounds just fine.
I'm able to phone people and steam audio from my phone to it.

Fair shout mate; if it aint broke!

To be honest I'd rather have the SENDAI than a JVC anyway. lol. Waiting to pick up my new Alpine at the end of the month. Black front with red illumination, hopefully blend in a little better than my current Alpine 9812RB which, well... doesn't match at all. Does sound nice though

Dash.jpg