Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

I have to say, ( just to keep you all guessing ) it has broken all records.:rock::thrashi:

I'm sure nick has texted the world by now.. Kid in a sweet shop springs to mind:) great effort though and he has every reason to be chuffed. Impressive figures.

sounds like the result is an epic one.
props in advance to niki and nicks work on getting it there.

great result..
well done folks :D

How can people say K04 figures are capped and that it isn't new territory, Niki's just broken the record for a road going customers K04 hybrid. In my eyes that's new grounds, all will be revealed when Prawn posts later I am sure. But there is one area where Prawns car is stand out from the setup on Welly's which will hopefully keep the hardware safe at this level.

There couldn't be a more abused test bed for it that Prawns car. If it puts up with Prawns abuse with the power it's got then it's good enough for anybody. I was in so so so so so happy when he phoned me earlier, I can't wait to go home next week for a play.

I so excited! :)

He just sent me a video....HOLY ****.

Sounds and looks epic mate looking forward to the full write up

been also meaning to ask you what the clutch is like as is very simular to what will be going in mine ;)

Jesus prawn that's *** awesome. I am willing to bet your crying for dry weather now ;)

cannot wait for the dry weather, should be brilliant fun :)

Absolutely shattered now, so will do a full write up later or tomorrow, but thanks to Niki and the boys for an absolutely epic day :)

Final result was 353bhp and 345lbft:

PRAWN353.jpg

FC824C0F-7992-4040-BC6C-EA6BDEB7FC1D-12707-000009CB902E2A68.jpg

Reactions: Pedrosousa
Epic results mate, so its that the figure that your running everyday or has nik toned it down to a safer level?

Epic results mate, so its that the figure that your running everyday or has nik toned it down to a safer level?

That actually IS the safe level Dani! It would take 27 degrees+ of advance, but Niki left it at 25.5, WMI is acting more as a safety thing rather than an absolute essential to making the power.

Peak boost is just 21psi

**** me well done to everyone involved. Fantastic result Prawn worth all those hours work!!! When are you next at the ring?

The reply that will come to Redbull makes me sadder than you will ever know. :(

As i said on FB well done mate im really pleased for you, wanna play with my Ko4 A3 for the same results lol

Christ mate thats epic, especially the fact that it isnt meth dependant. Did nick rag it past that point to see what the max possible figure would be?

It's just lost the appeal to me Rich, you have one decent trip when it all comes together, weather, mates, traffic, closures, then you spend the next 3 years hoping every trip will be like that one good one, and they never are, something ALWAYS happens, and you always do HALF the number of laps you planned to....

I think Jason summed it up perfectly:

Do spa and call it a day on Europe track days lol

Odd how we think nothing of travelling for 10-11 hours to get the nurburg and stay in a hotel, yet 4 hours in the UK and a premier inn for a night is far too far and too much hassle!

UK TD's for us now I think :)

Sounds like a hit of heroin or something. The first hit is always the best, then you keep chasing that first one.

I'd still like to give it a go one day but I'd have to rent one of those dodgy Suzukis like Andy did (and hit 11k rpm!) otherwise shipping my car might be a bit costly :)