Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

Not the original turbo no, the engine is original at over 200k, the turbo had done 30k on a st2 Ibiza before I got it, an now 50k on mine, so 80 000 miles on the turbo, all at stage 2 20+psi boost. It's had a hard life!

Good, you show that turbo who's boss!! lol

i know its a track car but PLEASE get some gel on the tyres! at least ur daily dude

Haha, ok Dave! Will do just for you :)

Daily is blinged up permanently, shiney black stretched tyres and as low
And wide as I can safely get it!

Track car is a fair bit higher, as it does handle better raised a tad.

Don't think there's any pics of the daily in this thread, black road car above is Liams :)

My 8L fleet :)

fe293cc3.jpg

Haha, ok Dave! Will do just for you :)

Daily is blinged up permanently, shiney black stretched tyres and as low
And wide as I can safely get it!

Track car is a fair bit higher, as it does handle better raised a tad.

Don't think there's any pics of the daily in this thread, black road car above is Liams :)

thanks :arco: tyres without just look horrible especially with black wheels. bit of shine and they look miles better :icon_thumright:

didnt look properly thought that was ur daily but clearly not from the pic above. Didnt read the text about it being ur mates car. Could give him some gel too then :p lol

I'd rather enjoy driving it than putting tyre gel on the tyres! :)

I'm here :) sat in Burgstube at the moment enjoying a bit burger :)

Journey went ok, car decided to reject a driveshaft AGAIN, so that was tightened up and seems fine so far!

Will update more tomorrow after a few laps :)

2084de1b.jpg[img]

2084de1b.jpg

Try it with the code right...

Glad you are there ok, Spunky blames it on me that his cheap shocks are **** and broken. Please put him right. Good luck dude!

Cheers Jar-Head!

Got to swap wheels this morning, but other than that and a quick spanner check, it's all sweet

Seriously mate, you must be doing something wrong with your driveshafts lol??? Have fun dude and watch for those diesel spills

First day on track, did managed an 09:48 on his 3rd lap ever. I
Managed 08:40 after 3 laps :)

Let's are what happens tomorrow!

Damn am so jealous,get a few pics

Fast times Nick

times look awesome mate! gutted i couldnt be there!

times look awesome mate! gutted i couldnt be there!

Massive plus one to that, at least you didnt spend £150 on the ferry and hotel only to have to give it to a friend! You coming in September Liam?

September ring trip? Talk to me.

All I know is that there will be a ring trip in September, dont know how long for or when just that there will be a trip. Prawns normally sorts dates.

nice one, update us with your best times.

Nice Prawn, thats Hella quick! are you taking any vids?

Just for you Dane:

YouTube - Audi a3 nurburgring 08:40 BTG

Fairly clear lap, until that civic race car held
Me up, I had to hold back for him all the way from brunchen 2 until the finish. Also, due to an epic schoolboy error, this lap was done with 50 (yes-fifty) psi in the tyres, hence the sliding and general lack of grip!

I dropped them to 30psi hot on Sunday, and corner speeds were much higher (10-15mph more through flugplatz and sx) bit the traffic was too heavy for a quick lap. Managed another 08:40 on the softer tyres but with loads of traffic and a yellow flag or 2

Reactions: SHUk and Natogreenmachine
How do you get the gps stuff on you lap video mate?

Great lap though mate looks nice and clear. You nearly got side swiped at 3:11!

That civic really should have moved over for you but he was probably on a timed lap too. The van was going well at the end of that lap too.

Great stuff I love it

Last edited:
Nice ring content. Be a while till Im back.

p.s 3m11s into the vid....Oooft.

Cheers Prawn nice video, that was a nice clear lap.

I winced at 3:11 not cool!

Only 110mph through Foxhole, you big girl!

I remember the first time I went flat-out through there, thought I was gunna die but never looked back :icon_thumright:

The GPS lags going down into the foxhole, I saw 120 before a comfort lift at the bottom, but 110 on the other side is about right.

I'm fine with the idea of taking it flat, bit how the **** do you get straight enough to safely brake from 130 before the AF complex?

3:11 was a bit iffy, I overcooked it a bit passing that focus, and with the super hard tyres it just wanted to slide! What you don't see in the vid is the focus actually indicated right for me to pass, before running wide himself!

You've got to be so careful on that track. If you'd clipped the grass you'd have been in a whole world of sh!t!

It's a good job you did have 50psi in your tyres as it helped you understeer wide of the focus ;)

Hahaha, understeer? I wish. The ****** thing just wanted to over steer everywhere! Much better with the tyres let down though.

I know what you mean about being careful though, it's a ****** of you're not prepared
For it!

Hahaha, understeer? I wish. The ****** thing just wanted to over steer everywhere! Much better with the tyres let down though.

I know what you mean about being careful though, it's a ****** of you're not prepared
For it!

Oh yeah I forgot you had an ARB like a scaffold pole!

It's the other drivers you have to be wary of.