1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prat in a TT

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RSAudi, Oct 18, 2003.

1. RSAudi

RSAudi Member

[Oct 18, 2003]
    HI

Driving home today and a black 02 TT wanted to play /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was chuffed as my Revo tuned 1.8T (207bhp) matched him for acceleration all the way. Going down a dual garriage way and kept pulling away from him at first as I floored it first when slower cars moved out of the way and then we were matched on acceleration.

However, every time I came upon slower cars and braked the complete t****r kept shooting across to the inside lane and trying to undertake and cut up the slower cars in both lanes in front of me. In the end I just pulled over to the inner lane and let him have his accident elsewhere and with someone else

If you are reading this TT owner, then
    A) Your car is no faster than a tuned 1.8T sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    B) Don't bother writing a christmas list - you'll be dead long before then the way you drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. mramage

mramage Member

[Oct 18, 2003]

Hey, like the story Rob, apart from the unfortunate behaviour of the TT owner putting the other folk in danger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Shame he obviously wasn't giving your car the respect it deserves. Guess he must have been suitably annoyed, ha ha for him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I certainly think twice when it's an A3 1.8T, or Golf etc. Unless it's wet at the lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  4. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Oct 18, 2003]
    Yep, agree with Mark. Respect to all tuned 1.8T A3's and Golfs. They easily match a standard S3/TT on the road.

AL
  5. excursion

excursion Member

6. RSAudi

RSAudi Member

[Oct 19, 2003]
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. Glad it wasn't raining, he'd have left me easily!!
  7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 24, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Veracocha said:
    Well done scientists - I cant see how this could be possible seeing as the A3 is the same power and lighter without 4WD losses! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant see how wot is possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  8. RSAudi

RSAudi Member

[Oct 25, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    Rob didn't you mean PraTT??

Which TT was it? 150, 180, 225??

[/ QUOTE ]

PraTT. I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Don't know about TT power but it was an 02 plate so I guess 225. Very close race too so not 150 or 180 bhp if TT is heavier than A3 and mine is 207 bhp on dyno
  9. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Oct 26, 2003]
    Probably a 225. If you have 207 with FWD then the extra weight of the quattro could make all the difference.

Regardless of the performance, he/she certainly sounds like a prat to me!
  10. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Oct 26, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rob_A3 said:
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. Glad it wasn't raining, he'd have left me easily!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure! I know of an ex David R A3 with AmD chip and very slick Michelin pilots that kept up with certain S3s on a selection of Derbyshires finest roads when they were very wet indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif