1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praise for a dealer!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rossbrownlee, Feb 15, 2010.

1. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Right, read loads of negative posts about dealer service so here's my experience...

Put the S3 into Dundee Audi to get my sump replaced along with a new oil pump and pick up pipe.
    Absolutely cannot fault them at all, fantastic service.

Car was picked up from my house in the morning (had the offer of a loan car, didn't need it though) and was dropped off at the end of the day absolutely gleaming inside and out. They also phoned through the day to let me know the work had been done and to ask if I wanted them to drop the car off earlier for my convenience but again, with my other car I didn't need it.

The main man I spoke to is Ewan, he is an S3 owner and is a real car enthusiast, also a member on here. I also went to school with him and his brother so know the info I get from him isn't bullshit. I sourced all the parts from the dealer through him with a little bit of a saving.

He also wants me to pass on to you all that if anyone around the area wants work done give him a call at Dundee Audi (mention the Audi Sport site) and he will do his best to get a good saving knocked off the labour rates. 0845 370 0000, ask for Ewan Dunn.

So basically I had a new sump and oil pump fitted, engine oil flush, all for about £400 including all parts. Pretty good price IMO.

In addition when I went to pay for it I found out that the car had also had a full healthcheck (as Audi calls it) and the only thing they'd picked up was a split vacuum hose under the inlet manifold, which the guy fixed without chargeing for it!

And yes no doubt there'll be posts saying "oh yeah? why not do it yourself save even more?" then yes, thought about that, have done most of the work to the car myself already. However, weighed it up against lying in the driveway in the freeze-your-********-off weather over the past couple of months and chose life. Had a great afternoon with my 16-month old son while someone else got the ballache!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Fair play. Think it's good to hear the good stories too.
  4. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Definately good to hear a postive experience of the dealers!
  5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Nice one mate, dont often see threads of this nature (positive ones).

Glad you got a good result.
  6. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    thats very expensive. nearly 10% the value of the car on a sump and oil pump
  7. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Valid point Matt.
    However the sump had to be done one way or the other due to sump plug thread damage, either replaced or helicoiled. Replacement seemed to be the better option in terms of labour prices for a helicoil vs. parts prices for replacement.
    So, working from that viewpoint, the percentage cost of repairs vs. the value of the car didn't really figure at all. Basically it was either that or just hang up the keys and walk away from it, it needed done.
    And then the oil pump, the car is 106k miles now so if the sump is already off, imho it is a no-brainer to replace the pump if nothing else then for peace of mind.