Powerflow DP v's the others

ChrisH370

Reaction score
I contacted my local Powerflow agent about getting a quote for their 3inch DP and Sports CAT fitted.
Bloke said he needs to see it first before committing and mentioned it might be easier if I bought a DP for him to weld their Sports CAT pipe to. He doesn't fill me full of confindence that he really knows how limited the S3 access is as I asked him if the prop. shaft has to come out and he said "oh, its 4WD then ".

Anyone experience of using these folks, would I be better off paying more for a Pipewertz SP and Sports CAT and then paying someone else 4-5hrs for fitting?

Pipewerx one works (no pun intended).... I'd be wary if they have not done an S3 before tbh... I have made a few and they are not the easiest in the world to do... The pipewerx one doesn't appear to have the fitment issues of the cheaper relentless but then its not difficult to over come these issues if you know what you are doing...

You don't need to take the prop out but I have always undone the driveshaft to make access easier when doing the fabrication work...

<tuffty/>

He's run the local franchise for >5yrs and they get OK feedback plus the price is good at <400 fitted.
Alternative from Pipewerx is 550 and then 4-5 hrs labour to fit Bill said, makes it 825, that's too much TBH.
You mean the O/S driveshaft? Do u need to take the turbo pipe off under the bonnet to access the top bolts as that could mean leaks afterwards?

Sure, Powerflow don't have a bad reputation as far as I know, it's guaranteed but that's down to the local dealer's integrity.
Guess I'll take it for him to look the job over and me to see what he's like and then make a decision.

Hi mate,
I'm in exactly the same dilemma as yourself & was toying with getting the Pipewerx downpipe & sports cat then finding the rest of system to go with it. After getting someone to fit easy looking at £1200.
I have also found what seems a reputable custom place called Infinity Exhausts through a club magazine I get. I spoke with guy on phone & he quoted £350 to do cat back & then when I asked about downpipe & cat he said straight away that is a time consuming one on that car (good thing he knew) & quoted me £950 for the whole system fitted.

Steve

Steve, I was quoted <400 by power flow for supply and fit a 3inch DP and sports CAT to existing Miltek rear.
This is a huge saving but I don't want them taking the prop shaft or other parts off and causing issues with cel lights. I was recommended to my local Powerflow agent by a Porsche 944 turbo owner, he does not tolerate incompetent mechanics.