powerflex vs oem bushes

sakib

Reaction score
Hi all just wamt to ask people.what the best bet is and why . I want to sort all my car suspension components out before power upgrades so should i go for poly bushes or standard oem. And what bushes should i be chaging as car has done 109k on factory shocks,springs and bushes so need replacing ( no knocks or bangs though) thanks

Depends what your after I think mate you can replace all for oem and will feel better as it's all brand new but if your after a firmer ride then go polybush but it's not comfy for daily well I'm fine with mine but some people prefer comfort for a daily I like it all feeling stiff and like you have to drive it and not be lazy, personally polybush but your choice

Reactions: sakib
Well its stiff at the moment due to old age shockers lol carnt get stiffer so still should feel better with polys . So was think wishbone in and outer bushes fronts and rear mount bush anti roll bar bushes steering bush and top mounts is ther any other i should change

There are some bushes that are worth changing and others I'd give a miss. For example, the ones for the lower arms are worth it, but the steering rack bush and some of the others aren't.

Message me if you want to talk though them all and the positives/negatives they can give.

Hey thanks for reply and messaged me where with optionsMm

Messaged you chap. As for the poly vs OE debate, there's another option - a mixture of both! This can give you the point and shoot handling the car deserves, without removing your fillings on the rougher roads. For this, I recommend the following:

Cookbots with a Superpro 1915k bush for the front of the lower arm
Superpro 3397k caster increasing bushes for the rear of the lower arm
and OE for the remainder.

The other bushes are into the realm of diminishing returns and can make the car slightly harsh. The ARB bushings have a habit of going quite squeaky too, so there's that to weigh up. In my experience though, I've found the main swing arm bushes also get neglected as they're not the easiest to inspect and have seen some of these in terrible state. I'd also be tempted to change this bush to the superpro ones too (they've recently dropped in price by about £30 too) and check the main pivot mounting while you're there as here's a pic of one I removed a while back.

I have all the bushes in stock ready to send, so let me know if you have any Q's or want some pronto.

Thanks, Paul

IMAG0249_zpsa6e554e8.jpg