1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerflex or VAG bushes?

Triple_A Aug 11, 2006

1. Triple_A

Triple_A Member

My suspension is started to make these squeking noises so i think that my bushes are worn out. Do you recommend original VAG bushes or Powerflex ones?

I do maybe 7-10 trackdays in year so suspension is little bit more under stress than normal day-to-day driving.

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Could be worth while trying out the Poly bushes and seeing if they make any difference for you.

3. Triple_A

Triple_A Member

Is there any other brand that makes poly bushes for S3 than Powerflex?

4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

ECS do, however the powerflex ones tend to be easier to fit in my experience, I couldn't get the ECS front - rear wishbone bushes to fit my S3.

I'd suggest the poly bushes at the front of the car are a fantastic idea form my experience, made my car a lot better to drive.

5. Pete69zx

Pete69zx Guest

I've just ordered a full set of powerflex bushes (front & rear) also with the front engine (dogbone) mount.

I will let you know what i think soon as i have them all fitted in the comming weeks.

Cheers, Pete.

6. pablo

pablo Active Member

hi how much is the set? thanks.

7. mad max

mad max sixth gear

was told that the synthetic ones like powerflex make for a harder ride vag ones are kinder to your bum

8. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Yes, but they also give you better feel and better handling - In my limited experience anyway.

9. pablo

pablo Active Member

I done all the bushes on my M3 with powerflex ones. far easier to install than OE and gave the car a nice solid feel. I know they are different cars but Id do it again if any on the S3 start to get tired.

10. Pete69zx

Pete69zx Guest