power upgrades for 2.0 ltr TDI suggestions

sean3794 I just went to AMD essex and spent just short of £400 and got a 1st stage remap, nothing else done so far, I do understand smoothie where you're coming from with bringing up problems but its also all about how you drive it. I got mine remapped not to race, just so its more economical and got that extra pulling power when you're on the motorway and need to overtake.

I already answered that one in my reply

What I meant was, if by removing it, the mpg is improved and the engine runs better (i.e more efficiently), and possibly with more power, then why has it been put there in the first place ? You say to reduce NO figures ( I presume NO is nitrous oxide ) so if that is the case then surely it must be a requirement of the engine 'type approval' to keep the NO levels within acceptable limits.

Ergo - removal of it flouts some sort of rules !

What I meant was, if by removing it, the mpg is improved and the engine runs better (i.e more efficiently), and possibly with more power, then why has it been put there in the first place ? You say to reduce NO figures ( I presume NO is nitrous oxide ) so if that is the case then surely it must be a requirement of the engine 'type approval' to keep the NO levels within acceptable limits.

Ergo - removal of it flouts some sort of rules !

exhaust emissions are more stricter in some european countries, in uk not so much so its ok, doesnt effect mot is thats what you asking. Its hot exhaist gas reciculating dont forget. Hot gas has lower oxygen content=reducing burning efficiency. Makes sense to remove it. I removed mine after cleaning it which caused a engine light and fault code for "insufficient air flow" so it was cheaper to remove and added performance benefits

Ok - cheers for the info. If mine ever goes wrong at least I can consider removing it rather than replacing it whilst still remaining MOT legal !